All reviews nice holiday front desk breakfast buffet pool area fitness center nice lobby cleaning staff rooms were very clean comfy bed would stay again easy access staff was friendly crossfit inns pillows cleanliness channels
Reviewed November 13, 2011

The room was ok but when we got there the front desk people were somewhat rude and not very happy looking to me that is one of the things I dislike the most. When we got to the room it was a regular king room witch was perfect for I and my boyfriend who just needed somewhere to crash after being on the road all day. The bathroom was modern I loved the glass shower, but when I opened the shower it was not really that clean It seem Like the cleaning people forgot to pick up a few hairs witch was just disgusting and the counter top had ring marks of glasses that was also missed. When it came time for night time the bed was amazingly comfortable thought I would get a good night sleep but no I didn't because you could here doors slamming and people walking in the hallways from the walls being so thin. To me it was not worth my money for what I got out of it.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Mike W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Madison at The American Center, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2011

From Mike Wilke, General Manager.
Thank you to this writer for choosing our hotel and for taking the time to provide us constructive feedback. I am certainly pleased to hear of their satisfaction with our modern decor and comfortable beds - we do get alot of great comments about these features! I certainly extend my apology for the cleanliness items noted in the bathroom, the noise during the night, and the "sense of arrival" observation. As an award winning hotel we pride ourselves on "getting things right" and we will use these comments to in our ongoing training to better ourselves forall our future guests.
Again thanks to this guest and they can contact me directly at mikewilke@sixtitles.com with any additional comments or questions.

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Our family just got home after spending the weekend at this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay! The location is in the middle of a business park, but you can see the backside of the hotel from I-94. I highly recommend that you have a map explaining how to get to it, especially at night when it's dark.

Our family (wife & 2-girls under 10) loved the pool. We spent countless hours swimming, playing water basketball, and using the whirlpool. We also LOVED the restaurant located on the main floor. Kids eat free off of the kids menu when you buy an adult meal. That's a nice savings! We enjoyed breakfast and dinner at the restaurant and all of our meals were great... Better then some outside restaurants.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They make you feel like you are the only people in the hotel! Our family really liked the evening restaurant staff! They were great!

Madison is a fun city with a lot to
do! We would highly recommend this hotel and would stay there again in a moments notice!

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 24, 2011

After staying at this location for many business related events, I must the say this hotel is by far one of the nicest in the area. There are several key items that rank very high and you might find beneficial. Extremely clean throughout the complex, very comfortable beds, newer trendy decor, HD FLat Screens, that actually get HD. In addtion to a very nice workout room with the latest in fitness equipment to include an assortment of Cardio equipment along with plenty of free weights/benches and nautilus equipment.

Lastly the pool area - with basketball hoop looked like it was fun - roomy place to be for the kids/families, plus the onsite - Bar / Restaurant is very accommodating.

I have seen many youth & HS sports teams from all overstay here and likewise express many of the same sentiments. Your just about 5 min away the mall area, with all of the well known restaurants, plus only 20 min or so to the Camp Randall-Kohl Center area.

Overall, I have stayed at this Holiday Inn more than 10 x and I will continue to come back, because I know what to expect.

A special thank you the staff, who are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Recently stayed here for four nights in September and loved it. The front desk accommodated my request for a room on a higher floor and it had a nice, expansive view of the surrounding area. The bed was super comfortable, everything was clean, everything worked as it should! The pool is a decent size and the hot tub has powerful jets and a waterfall... very relaxing. I met the owner during Happy Hour and was impressed that she took the time to talk to the guests and be sure they were enjoying their stay. That kind of concern obviously sets the tone for the attentive service, because ALL of the staff was SO friendly. There's airport shuttle service, and they'll even take you to nearby pubs and pick you up to !! Very cool. I definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 11, 2011

We are and family of 4 and we stayed here 3 nights while in town for a family wedding. Our room was pretty standard, but the beds were really comfortable, it was quiet and everywhere in the whole place was absolutely fresh and clean. We also had a small fridge in our room. The pool is somewhat shallow (4' 6") and had basketball hoops on either side. My kids loved it and we spent hours there. The hot tub was the nicest I've been in--big with great jets and a little waterfall flowing into it that hits the back of your neck. Breakfast was expensive and only ok, but in the morning there is also a coffee bar where you can buy espresso etc. which was welcome. There are lots of chain restaurants etc and mile or 2 away, but nothing you can walk to from the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family