“Excellent Food and Great View”
Review of Sardine

Sardine
Ranked #7 of 1,014 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: French
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This was our first visit to Sardine, and we will be back. Great happy hour-spent it at the bar and had wine and half priced oysters. The doors were open and the view of Lake Monona was beautiful. We sat at a table by the window and had a pleasant and helpful waiter. We asked for recommendations and he gave them. I have never tasted a more delicious flounder and my husband's hanger steak was fabulous. We are so looking forward to a return visit very soon.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

We went as a large group to Sardine for dinner. The food and atmosphere was average for the price. The staff was friendly. I had the Salmon and it was tasty but not much different than most restaurants.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We had brunch here last Sunday. The food was great along with the service and managements attention to its customers was wonderful. It was a little cool for us to sit outside, but it would be great in nicer weather. We did have a nice table by the windows - the restaurant has a nice view of the lake. Plan on making a reservation or you'll likely have a wait.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ambiance and food were great and the brunch cocktails were a good price but our service was a little lacking.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I've been to Sardine's brunch four times now and it's never failed to impress me. From the professional and welcoming staff, to the exquisitely prepared food, to the electic vibe and the nice water view, I continue to recommend this restaurant for brunch. I absolutely love the Belgian waffle and the Mimosas and Bloody Mary's are superb. Now I just have to try to make it back for dinner.