“Nice place for interim living quarters” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Countryside Corporate Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madison
Countryside Corporate Apartments
Florida
“Nice place for interim living quarters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2014

We were stuck for 6 weeks between selling our house and moving into another. Checking out the prices of extended stay hotels was cost prohibitive. Countryside rented us a 2 bedroom apartment fully furnished for $1795 a month (cheaper by month because no state sales tax), whereas an extended stay hotel was close to $5000. The place is clean, has weekly maid service (change linens, clean bathroom, vacuum) and has everything you need.

Yes, it's a bit dated, but a few air fresheners and a few of our belongings made it feel just like home. The ladies in the office are very responsive and willing to do whatever is necessary to make your stay comfortable and pleasant. The location is super convenient and everything you need is on site. In fact, every time I turn around I discover another amenity of this place (gated dog park!) . The negative comments are just little people who haven't had tried to find temporary housing for themselves and pay for it.

Definitely would recommend to anyone who is between houses or apts. or moving to Madison and need to find your way around the city and where you want to live. They also accept dogs, unfortunately the apt. we rented has new carpet and a no pet policy (I'm sure to keep it allergy free for future tenants). So our little dog is staying with friends while we await our new home.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

The apartments are not as new as some of Madison's other properties, but it's a super convenient location and the staff there is incredibly service oriented. The units are pretty spacious and have everything you need, which allowed me to travel with just one simple carload of clothes for the summer. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs is very quiet here. Never was woken up once with noise during the night.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I enjoyed this places for six months. It is one of the best places to stay and enjoy the Midwest. Great management, great services, it is very clean carpet, beds, sofas, fancy place with new equipment, cooking sets, excellent comfort places. I can have a quite good night sleep and no noise from anywhere. the environment is ow some. There is a trailer, so you can walk in the evening with your friend. There is a garden, so we can plane anything you would like. I enjoy gardening. It has big outdoor activities and kids can have fun any time. Snow or summer. Plenty of parking and all taking care really good. There is no parking issues at all. They have free movies, Music, a lot of TV in every rooms with fancy music set. In and out is very easy and I visited so many places from here. If you would like to stay by your self, or with you family and kids, this is the places. They have two bedrooms and very large rooms. Thanks to the management make me to enjoy the places, even thought, I came from Florida.

Room Tip: Two bedrooms always great. You can invite your friends to stay with you for weekends!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

I had a great experience here with placing corporate travel. The office staff is pleasant and very easy to work with. They understand the nature of the business and leasing is simple and accurate. They are the first place I call in this market, I would suggest them to anyone looking for short term or long term stays.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

The place was perfect for my recent visit to madison to visit my kids. It is in a good location and had everthing i needed to keep house with my kids. It had everything needed for cooking meals in the kitchen. There is a game room,gym,movie library and computer room. The place was comfortable and clean. I am looking forward to returning sometime in aug. before school starts and enjoy the pool and organic vegtable garden. the rates were fair and the money i saved i got to spend on my kids. the only thing that did,nt cooperate was the weather.

Room Tip: stay on the ground floor its a shorter walk to the pool
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

I was transfered to Madison and stayed the first 3 months in hotels until I came across Countryside. I stayed my last couple of months here and had a great experience. So much better than living out of a hotel. The staff was great and the enviroment was enjoyable. I would absolutely stay again if I have a need. I am only sorry I did not find them sooner so I could have had a longer stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I was displaced from my home just outside of Madison for two months. Looked around at extended stay options in the area, and found this to be one of them. After reading some of the reviews I was a little worried so I asked for a showing of the available rooms. The biggest negative I read about were complaints about smells.

At the showing I didn’t notice anything unusual in the halls other than what you would normally expect from common areas in multi-unit apartments. The rooms I saw were in great condition, and absolutely no bad odors. In the 2 months I stayed there, yes I could occasionally smell some odors in the halls mostly from people cooking which is to be expected in any apartment type of arrangement. But my unit always was free of any odors from other tenants.

Compared to “extended stay” hotels in the area it was more affordable (I had a limited budget for my displacement costs), and offered me more amenities of a home (e.g. fully equipped kitchen, vs a kitchenette) which helped me a lot mitigating the feelings associated with being displaced. It was about the cost of a mediocre hotel room, and offered a lot more space and amenities.

The staff was very accommodating, allowing me flexibility with the duration of my stay due to the open ended nature of my situation. Although I did stay there during the winter, and as I understand it the summer has higher occupancy. But they were wonderful, and even reduced my rent from the weekly rate to the monthly rate after I had been there over a month (and credited me the difference from the first 4 weeks.) Any time I asked them for something they were happy to provide it (light bulbs, a longer Ethernet cable for when I wasn’t on their wireless, ect..)

Location wise it is perfect for Madison WI. I was born and raised in Madison, and it is in an ideal location to pretty much anywhere in the city. Situated half way on the main drag, the beltline, which connects the east and west parts of the city it offers easy access to both sides of the city, and equally so to the heart of the city (downtown) via either of the two closest surrounding exits off the beltline.

The cleaning staff did a great job. They don’t do your dishes or anything, but they changed my towels, and linens, vacuumed the apartment, and cleaned the bathroom. I have read other reviews with less positive experiences, but I left them a modest tip (~5$/wk) which is pretty standard for cleaning services in hotels, and they did a great job for me.

Having access to the fitness rooms was also a major plus for me, especially in the winter, and not having a gym membership. Plus the mere convenience of a gym without having to drive to one, was fantastic. There is quite a lot of equipment there in pretty good condition.

I used the business facilities a number of times, since I didn’t bring my printer with me. And it offered everything else I could have needed (copier, scanner, fax, computers.)

I also quite enjoyed the movie library. My apartment had a VHS and a DVD player, with nice flat screen TVs, and free access to the movies rounded out the cable quite nicely.

BTW, I did find a link to the TV guide for their cable: http://tvlistings.aol.com/listings/wi/monona/country-side-apartments/WI67120

I also made some use of the gaming room occasionally. Having friends over and being able to go down and play a little pool, darts, foosball was just a nice little thing.

Being a smoker, this place was also really nice for me. No you can’t smoke in the apartments, but having a balcony to step out onto to smoke, versus having to go out of a room, and out a hotel lobby to smoke was a huge bonus for me.

I guess the one constructive criticism I would say is I hope the next time they do work on the floors in the upper units, they put some sound buffering down. You can hear the people above you walking around sometimes. But again this is pretty normal for apartment living, but I just thought I would mention it. It never was too disruptive for me (it’s not like I was staying below the fitness center), and yes occasionally I could hear some muffled conversations, but far less than I have experienced in apartment complexes.

Long story short it was a great place to stay, and I even recommended it to my bosses for when they have people from corporate coming into town for extended stays.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo