“OMG so good!”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I had the Mus-Mun curry with cinnamon, onion, coriander, anise, cumin, potato, apple, peanut and chicken. I told the waitress it was so good that I could eat it every day. I have eaten here a number of times and it is always very good.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Good atmosphere. Good service. Chicken Satay tastes really delicious. I also like Bangkok swap cocktail.

Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Lovely atmosphere, reasonable prices and good food. Had the Pad Ped with shrimp and it was excellent. Tons of veggies perfectly cooked. Tasted wonderful. My husband's noodle dish was good too.

Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

I prefer this restaurant over the Sa Bai Thong on Univ Ave. I find all of the food very sweet, even more so at Univ Ace. This is a very pretty place with a peaceful feel. The menu is comprehensive - lots to choose from. We knew we wanted to swap bites, so we picked three dishes that sounded distinct. They arrived hot and visually appealing. But they all tasted the same - sweet, with a red, coconutty broth. One had interesting eggplants, one had noodles, one was P'anang - but they were quite similar. We ordered gradations of hot, and I could tell mine was hotter than the others, but it could have been spiciers.

I love their Thai iced coffee and tea.

Here's what I like best about both places - on a cold winter night, I have my husband pick up an order of Tom Yum soup and an entree - dinner for 2, plus leftovers, for around $20.

I don't get the Phad Thai - just too sweet for my tastes

Great speedy service - I've always received good service at both

Reviewed May 30, 2013

This restaurant, and its sister on University Ave., get voted "Best of Madison." I am a rather cosmopolitan person, so find the food only average. I would describe it as mid-West, Caucasian American style Thai food, so I could see how folks with less global palates would really like this place. I found my dish - fried shrimp with chili sauce - too sweet and a bit bland. While my very mid-west American colleague found the curry chicken ordered mild was too spicy. I thought the curry chicken had a nice tang to it. Overall, my dining companions all enjoyed their meals. When the plates came out, they were quite aesthetic. We were there with a larger group (8) and had made a reservation. There were a number of other larger groups (6+) the same night, but they had not made reservations. We waited 25 minutes after being seated, and still no one had come to even take our drink order. One of our group went to inform the hostess. After that, we had prompt and good service. Overall, the restaurant is pleasantly decorated and I had no trouble hearing folks talking from each end of the table. I suggest you try it for yourself and make your own judgement. I myself, would eat here again if my friends wanted to, but I would not choose this restaurant over others in Madison.

1  Thank WIsconsinTravelerToo