1,270 results
All reviews state street bassett street brunch club great location kohl center within walking distance parking garage madison downtown attached restaurant free breakfast uw campus donuts room key would definitely stay here again graduation weekend excellent hotel front desk staff lobby area
Reviewed September 30, 2018

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area!

I have been a "road warrior" and have stayed in many different hotels, both here and abroad. This hotel was the best out of all of them. The staff were friendly, attentive and helpful. The breakfast buffet had a lot of variety and was well stocked. Love the waffle maker! An onsite restaurant provided additional eating options.

We did not try out the exercise or pool facilities but heard from others they were great. There was enough parking and the garage was well lit. Parking costs were reasonable and there was in and out privileges. Loved the security on the elevators (had to have a room key to get to the rooms). That made me feel safe in the hotel.

The maids were nice and accommodating. They were very friendly and helped me get what I needed. We had a small problem with a wobbly table and maintenance was sent up immediately and took care of it in a flash. He left us a chocolate and a cute postcard letting us know he had taken care of the repair.

The location was great as well, within walking distance of the capitol, the famous Farmer's Market, State Street shops, and the UW campus.

Room Tip: corner suites are fabulous - lots of space and amenities
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Michael L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Wow! This is high, humbling praise. Thank you. You are so gracious to so thoughtfully mention the different team members and amenities and we are grateful. We make a point of sharing the feedback we get from our guests and yours review will be a particular joy to share with our team. We are proud to be able to offer our guests such a convenient location, walking distance to so many areas of interest in downtown Madison. We are still more proud of the team that works each day in pursuit of responses like yours. On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn & Suites Madison team, thank you for your kind words and know this is inspiration for our continued efforts to deliver great experiences.

Wishing you safe and happy travels,

Reviewed September 29, 2018

I have stayed here many times. It is a great location with nice clean rooms. There is a really great complimentary breakfast in the morning and the customer service is top notch! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Yay! Thank you for this wonderful review and positive feedback. Our breakfast team, in particular, will be so happy to hear that you appreciated the Hampton Hot Breakfast and the service they provide each morning. Your recommendation of our amenities and service makes all the difference when guests are considering where to stay and, on behalf of the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown team, I thank you. Know that we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

with much gratitude and with best wishes for happy travels,

Reviewed September 28, 2018

I was in town visiting my sons. The room was beautiful and comfortable. The staff was available when I needed them. I used the pool twice - I love the pool. The complimentary breakfast was nice. I appreciate staying here when I want to be close to campus.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you, Marilyn, wow! We're delighted that you opted to stay with us in the first place and we're especially delighted to learn that you felt good enough about the experience to share it here with others. Thank you for the thoughtful praise and recognition of our team and of our amenities. Each of these items, the pool, the Hampton Hot Breakfast and the 'beautiful and comfortable' room are things in which we invest a lot of time so it's of course gratifying to learn that you appreciated the result. On behalf of the entire Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown team, thank you.

wishing you safe travels,

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

My family’s stay at the Hampton Downtown Madison was very pleasing ...from the courteous staff, to quiet exceptionally clean rooms, great breakfast bar and very convenient location. Property manager was extremely accommodating with a minor issue I had and I am definitely returning. This hotel is worth the extra money.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Michael L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

What a wonderful review, thank you! Thank you for recognizing not only our amenities ('great breakfast') but our team and our clean rooms. For us, this is the highest praise and we are grateful for your kind words. We're delighted that you opted to stay with us in the first place and are, of course, thrilled that you felt us worthy of this generous praise. On behalf of our team here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, thank you for staying and thank you for sharing these insights here!

Wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

Every year I come to Madison for the engineering career fair. We always stay here. The staff is friendly, the rooms are great & the hotel is walking distance from the local restaurants downtown. When I checked in I was randomly chosen for an upgrade which was a whirlpool suite! It was amazing. I would highly recommend staying here. The continental breakfast was great too!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
Michael L, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2018

What a great review, thank you! Thank you, first of all not only for considering staying with us in the first place but for returning to us when you come to town. We're proud to be in a city that attracts so much quality talent and we're glad those bright minds are attractive enough to have your company come to town on recruiting trips. If, in the future, you return for the engineering career fair, please know how happy we'll be to welcome you back.

In the meantime, travel safely and know how much we thank you for this happy review!