“Fabulous Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Wantagh, New York
“Fabulous Hotel”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

This hotel is extremely well located, the free breakfast is convenient and the rooms are both large and clean. However, what sets this hotel apart from others is the exceptional staff. Every employee we dealt with was incredibly friendly and took an interest in the guests. We met Laura and Isabel when we checked in. Every time they saw us, they gave us a big greeting and asked what we did that day. Both of them are major assets to the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
madcityhampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Wow, such nice words! I'm so pleased our hotel and staff left such a good impression on you both. I will especially make sure to share your praise with both Laura and Isabel, aren't they great? We hope to see you soon for a return visit!

Michael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed here for three nights last week when I decided to surprise my daughter, a UW-Madison Senior. This was my third visit to Madison since she first started and I usually stayed at another hotel. I have never stayed at a Hampton's Inn but it won't be my last time. Mara, was so sweet and so helpful. She made sure to tell me where everything was located in the hotel and all about the free breakfast every morning. She even asked if my room being on the eighth floor was okay (it was :-). The next night Isabel, who also works at the front desk was nice enough to help me with some information I needed.

The room itself was great! I had a suite with a king size bed. Very spacious, nice kitchen area with fridge, microwave and coffee maker. The bathroom has a Water Pik shower head that you can adjust the stream of water and since I am tall I loved the fact that the shower head was up so high. I've found that many hotels shower heads are just a little too low for me, making showering a little awkward. Also in the bathroom, there is a night light that turns on when you turn off the light switch. Makes trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night a lot easier. Plenty of hangers in the closet. An iron and ironing board plus extra pillows and blankets in the closet. TV swivels towards the bed, the desk area or the sofa bed area.

Last but not least I can't say enough great things about the free breakfast. I had read many reviews about the waffles but I was shocked that there were waffle irons that you used to make your own fresh waffles. There were also different kinds of yogurt, hard boiled eggs, scrambled eggs, bacon ot sausage, various kinds of dry cereal, four diffrent kinds of juices, oatmeal, fresh fruit, bagels, sliced bread, English muffins, and various kinds of danish. Oh and let me not forget 24 hour coffee or tea!

I can't say enough good things about this hotel and I really look forward to staying here again next May when our daughter will be graduating.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
madcityhampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Yay! Thank you for that thoughtful and generous review! I look forward to sharing this with Mara, Isabel and the breakfast team, especially. We're proud of the hotel and, most of all, our team, but getting feedback like this is really meaningful.
Thank you for taking time to share these thoughts and know that we'll be working hard to make your future stays wonderful.

Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Madison this month - walking distance to the Fluno Center. New hotel so was nice and clean. Suite was nice and nothing negative to note, with the exception of work going on at the entrance. Just power washing but was going on longer than it should have.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Good feedback on the pressure washing, thank you. I agree, actually. We'll review the process and work to come up with a better plan for the future. Great to hear that your stay was a good one. No doubt, we're steps away from the Fluno Center, so I'm glad we were a good base for you.
Travel safely and thank you, again, for sharing that insight on how we can make future stays better.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I stayed at the Hampton Inn in downtown Madison on 26 June as a solo traveller. For starters, the staff are genuinely welcoming and friendly - not just one or two, but all of them. I had an issue with American Airlines losing my luggage and the hotel helped me out by collecting my suitcase when it was delivered in the middle of the night and while I was waiting, giving me a bunch of toiletries so I could feel human after 20+ hours of travelling - like a toothbrush, toothpaste and some hairspray. I didn't ask for any of these items, they were offered without hesitation. I didn't get the name of the staff member, otherwise I would pass on my thanks to her publicly.

The room itself was clean, fresh and the bed really comfortable. Free wifi is always a bonus when you are an overseas traveller so that was appreciated. Fantastic shower. Not sure you can ask for much else!

All in all, the Hampton Inn is a great place to stay in downtown Madison - everything you would want access to in the downtown area is just a few minutes walk away. The reviews on this site are certainly justified. Really, it was like staying with friends.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
madcityhampton, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Wow, Natalie, that's very generous, thank you! I agree with you about the staff.. we're proud to have what must be the friendliest, smartest, best team anywhere! I look forward to sharing your comments with our team. Please know that we look forward to welcoming you back!

Safe travels and warm regards,

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 21, 2014

We traveled to Madison with our 15 month-old for a wedding and this hotel was perfect. We reserved a two-room whirlpool suite and it was ideal to have the additional room to put her to sleep in while we stayed up. The location is super convenient to the capital and shopping on State St. The staff here was really lovely and helpful and a highlight of our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank lrmcscott
We love babies! Great to hear that your stay with us went so well. Thank you, sincerely, for taking time to share that. Travel safely and Congratulations!

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I can't say enough about the friendly staff and customer service at this hotel. Always greeted by a warm smile and offer of assistance, and the rooms were great too. Very clean and well appointed, and the beds were amazing (slept like a log). Great hotel, would definitely recommend!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you, Meghan, that's great news! We invest a lot of time focusing on guest service and we're lucky to have the world's best (!) team. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and would consider us again. Thank you, again.

Westchester, United States
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The Hampton in in Madison Wisconsin was extremely well designed and the staff was outstanding. The hotel was in walking distance of everything. I enjoyed the look of the hotel as well as the pool and fitness center. Parking was also very easy as they had a muliti level parking deck.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Great! Thank you for this :) The best part? "The staff was outstanding". Thank you for making my day and for providing us a nice review to share with the team. Please know that we'll be working hard to make your future stay even better.

With thanks,