“Swanky Hotel with Great Service”

Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown
Ranked #2 of 63 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Not only is the hotel pretty swanky looking with the cool fireplace and lighting in the entry....it has a staff this is very helpful and friendly. My husband and I stayed a couple weeks ago and were very impressed. We had the king suite with the private hot tub in the masterbath. Huge tub - not one of those little dinky ones they call an in suite whirlpool. We also had a nice living area with a couch and chairs/small table where we ate breakfast in the morning. The pool area was clean and so nice with the salt water. No nasty chlorine smell here! Soft fluffy towels too. Breakfast was nice and overall I'd give this a top notch rating. What a great addition to the campus area!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Mysharona1970,
Thank you so much for the great review! I am so pleased you were impressed with the hotel and comfortable in your room. Our staff works hard to make sure every guest leaves 100 percent satisfied, I will gladly pass along the compliment.
It's good news you enjoyed our pool and hot tub area, the maintainence team does an excellent job. Thank you again for the thoughtful review. We hope to see you back soon!
Michael and the staff at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Write a ReviewReviews (1,110)

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

We had no plans to stay here but icy conditions changed that. Andrew was extremely helpful that night. We had no toothbrushes, deodorant, etc. The hotel was ready for us with complimentary toiletries that night. Beautiful lobby, comfortable room, quiet night. Breakfast, included, was great. No complaints there. They do charge guests $12 to park in their off street garage. That was the only thing I wasn't thrilled with. Other than that, no wonder they are #1 on Trip Advisor! Oh, the girls at the desk on Saturday morning was very pleasant as well.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Dear Coffeeisready,
Thank you for the kind words about the hotel, we really appreciate it! I am so glad Andrew was able to help you with everything you needed! Our staff loves making sure each guest is taken care of at our property. It's great that you were comfortable in your room and enjoyed our on the house hot breakfast!
As for the parking, I hope you found our covered garage was easily accessible and added some value to your stay. Thank you again for your thoughtful review! We hope to see you again very soon.
Feel the Hamptonality,

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The hotel is in a great location for going to Badger events. Rooms are well appointed for price range. The restaurant has great food and the bar area is very nice. The lobby is spacious with many cozy areas to sit and read or gather with friends. The rooms are new, nicely laid out, and very clean. The beds were very comfortable. The staff went way out of their way to make sure everything was 100% satisfactory.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Daniel K,
Thank you for the awesome review! We love being in the middle of all the action downtown and we heart the badgers! I am so glad you were able to enjoy the Bassett Street Brunch Club, they are such an asset for the hotel. Great feedback on our lobby- a cozy, spacious area where our guests can feel comfortable is exactly what we were going for! Our staff loves to hear when our guests are 100% satisfied, I will gladly pass that along! We hope to see you again soon. Thank you again for your thoughtful review!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is great if you want walking distance to a lot things in downtown Madison. Pool and hot tub were a very nice touch (they have toys available for kids). The free coffee/hot chocolate/tea was very nice to have with the cold weather that occurred during our stay. Best hotel experience I've had yet.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Abbey R

Dear Amanda M,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review! We agree, our location is smack dab in the middle of everything within walking distance. I am so glad you were able to enjoy the pool and hot tub area. We love havin gthe toys for our guests to use. This weather has been a bit frigid, so glad you warmed up with our hot coffee and tea bar!
Thank you again for the kind words. We hope to see you again soon for another great experience!

Reviewed January 4, 2014

According to my husbands experience I would have to say this Hotel and its location should have a five star rating. Our only complaint was the beds were so comfortable we slept in to late to try the complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Eileen I,

Thank you so much for the kind words! I am so glad you enjoyed our comfortable beds. Next time you're in town you'll have to have the front desk give you a wake up call so you can come down and have our on the house hot breakfast! We look forward to having you back soon. Thank you again for the thoughtful review!

Michael and the team at the Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Reviewed January 2, 2014

This hampton Inn is top notch, the nicest one I've ever stayed in. The decor is beautiful and modern; rooms and hallways extremely clean. The pool and hot tub are clean. The staff is friendly and welcoming. The location cannot be beat, you can walk to State Street just a couple blocks away. I will never stay anywhere else when I come to Madison, fantastic experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Abbey R,
Thank you so much for the thoughtful review! Our staff works extremely hard to keep the hotel looking brand new; I will kindly pass on the compliment to my team. I am so glad you enjoyed our location, State Street is a crowd pleaser and we love to be just a couple blocks away! We hope you come back for another fantastic experience soon. Thank you again for the wonderful words!
Michael and the team at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We stayed at the Hampton Inn this past weekend and were shocked with how nice it was. The lobby was beautiful, everything in the rooms was immaculate, the bathroom was great, and the staff was beyond friendly. I went to UW and don't remember any of the "higher end" hotels on campus being this clean... a lot of this may be because it just opened in October. The breakfast wasn't great but it was your standard Hampton Inn. I would come here again!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
HamptonInn-Downtown, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear alpal00,

Thanks so much for the kind words regarding our property! Our staff works very hard each day to keep the hotel shinning, I will be sure to pass these compliments along to the team. I'm so glad you found our hotel enjoyable. When you're back visiting your alma mater I hope you'll stay with us again! Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.

Michael and the team at Hampton Inn & Suites Madison Downtown