“Otto Excellent”

Otto's Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Otto's Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #122 of 981 Restaurants in Madison
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Yellowstone Drive
Transit: Madison Metro Bus Route 67, Mineral Point Rd. and Yellowstone Dr. stop.
smalltown
“Otto Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I can't understand why this restaurant is #91 on Tripadvisor. The service and food was excellent. There was a party on the 3rd floor, which was a tad noisy but it didn't bother the service at all. Our food arrived in a timely manner and our family of 4 got to visit over some tasty plates. The owner was helping the servers, while visiting tables, made me feel valued.

• Visited April 2014

Madison, Wisconsin
“Small place, totaqlly local feel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

You know you have become a regular when your pic is on the wall - mine is! Best upscale bar in the city and service is top notch. Food is great!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Ronald P
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very poor experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014

I had a very poor experience speaking with the owner over the phone. I called to book my rehearsal dinner there and he was nothing but rude. He told me that we couldn't have it on the deck because it might rain. I am in the wedding industry, I work at a venue, and I understand the risks of bad weather. I continued on trying to understand why he wouldn't let me book, asking follow up questions and he refused to answer any of the actual questions. He had no interest in taking the time out to speak with me as a potential client nor did he care about my services. He was more concerned with answering calls from other clients. I would never go to this restaurant based off a very unpleasant phone conversation with the owner, who also refused to identify himself. I work in customer service and this was shocking to say the least.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Jennifer V
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Celebation at Otto's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Once again, great food in a lovely atmosphere with great service. The menu is varied and the lamb chops in particular are tremendous. The service was attentive and friendly..

Visited December 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best upscale bar with great food and great service in Madison”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

You know this place is great when the post your picture on the wall in the bar. They have a very loyal base and great service.

Visited November 2013