“great food! great people!”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #133 of 1,037 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

We were on our way home from a funeral and stopped in here for dinner. We had the picnic meal with pulled pork, waffle fries, and brown beans. Everything we had was delicious! On our way home (12 hours away) we discovered my 12yo's purse missing. We called there well after closing but they were kind enough to not only pick up the phone but to look and call us back long distance and to mail it back to us. We make this trip often and look forward to stopping there again!

1  Thank cancongirl73

Reviewed November 2, 2013

I ate here a few times but this visit was the best. They had the best ribs I have every tasted up north. Good service and good value.

1  Thank WItraveler2000
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My husband and I tried Dickey's a few months ago when we found ourselves on the East side of town. We were pleasantly surprised! The food was really good and the prices were reasonable. It would be a great place to bring a family. The menu seemed a little tricky to figure out at first glance, but others who had been there before were ordering like pros. They have free vanilla soft serve and our drinks came in big plastic yellow cups that we now use every week.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I think quality and service should be judged by more than one visit. My recent visit was really the culmination of very attentive service and consideration by Dickey's management and owner Nick. We had visited Dickey's Barbeque Pit back in February 2013 and the visit wasn't that great as the ribs we were served were average at best. I decided to provide some feedback to the link that was on my receipt - the "talk to dickey's" customer experience link, when I returned home. I was very impressed by the efficiency of "Team Dickey's Barbecue Pit", first I received a call from the General Manager to apologize and offer a replacement rack of ribs. Initially I declined as I indicated that I was only interested in passing on some constructive information from our visit and the complimentary ribs were not necessary. I was also contacted by Nick, the owner - who again apologized for the experience not meeting our expectations and extended an offer for a complimentary rack of ribs if I would give them a second chance. I accepted his generous offer, however it did take me almost eight (8) months for me to re-visit, simply due to logistics. I am glad I re-visited Dickey's BBQ Pit in Madison, I found the staff and service to be welcoming and accommodating and most importantly, the ribs were excellent. I like their sweet sauce but the original is pretty good as well. I picked up the ribs "to go" and they were really good - fall off the bone - good. I understand "ribs" can be difficult to serve "perfect" every time all the time, and I have tried many BBQ restaurants in the Madison area - Dickey's Ribs are some of the best in the area. Stop in to Dickey's BBQ Pit, they're conveniently located off of Interstate I90 at Exit 135 C heading North and Exit 135B when heading South through Madison - they are right next to Texas Roadhouse, look for the big Shell sign. I think Nick and his staff are serving up some great BBQ - I'd be curious to know what you think. Enjoy.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We decided to stop for lunch near the expressway in Madison -- Dickey's grabbed our attention as something different. WOW - great food, great service.

We got one "Friday special" consisting of pulled pork, 2 sides, roll and a beverage; and one "1-meat dinner" of chicken breast, 2 sides and a beer. Total cost was $25 -- more than we typically spend for an unplanned lunch -- but well worth it.

They offer 3 sauces to add on yourself - spicy, sweet, and original (we loved the spicy). Meats were definitely slow cooked - juicy and great flavor. For sides, we got tangled onions, baked beans, cole slow - all good; other side was green beans with bacon - tasted like fixed up canned beans (not a fav but okay). Beverages self-serve include teas and sodas - all you can drink. AND, there are even cones and soft-serve ice cream you can help yourself to!

Service was amazing - they even brought over a frosted mug for the beer.

Only possible complaint was that it was cold in the dining area.

We'll definitely go back.

1  Thank Milwaukeetraveler-dj