“fresh bowl of fruit!”
Review of Fair Oaks Diner

Fair Oaks Diner
Ranked #601 of 1,033 Restaurants in Madison
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We knew nothing about this little cafe in a mostly residential area. There were only 2 other customers. The decor was 30s-60s and I enjoy that. We ordered & the waitress was very pleasant. She brought us fruit in place of salad, which we appreciated. We read the newspaper while we waited. Still we waited. We checked out the room, the various collectibles or art. It seemed forever. Then, it came. The meal was so greasy: breaded fish, Texas toast, and potatoes. I did enjoy the steak fries with BBQ sauce. They were fat and perfectly done. I hadnt intended to consume so much fat that day. Im trying to cut down for cholesterol reasons. And it was an interminable wait, about 30 minutes. I could recommend it as a nice place to visit with a table of friends, having soft drinks and fries. Maybe they have beer. It would help.

1  Thank Manakoora