“Jonesin'? worth a toke”

Cuisines: American
Madison, Wisconsin
“Jonesin'? worth a toke”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Yeah we got delivery from this place as I had met the owner (franchisee) last summer and wanted to give it a try. The guy was SUPER nice and ENERGETIC when I met him and, however novelty the theme is, he's just the right personality for it.

I still don't consider myself a "toasted" sub fan. I have been to a Quizno's twice and found it to be atrocious! (drowning in sauce with a background of meat and cheese) Cheba Hut did restore a bit of faith in the category. The sandwiches were decent, but I can't say anything special. I had the 'Dank' (pepperoni pizza) on the 'herb' bread. Okay, is how I would describe it. Another had the 'KGB' with the same reaction, okay. The one with the 'Magic Mushroom' seemed happiest...real arugula on a sub!...leading to better than average reaction without being blown away.

The weakest link in the chain was ordering. There was a "hello, can u hold?". Then a "what can I get you?" followed by a "gotta get back to you". The wait was uncomfortably LONG. When she returned, I asked if there was a better time to call? We got the order done and she was friendly enough. The delivery was not on par with Jimmy Johns, however it was good to know it came by bicycle (I believe).

Will I suggest Cheba Hut again? No. Will I tag along if passing by and jonesin'? Sure.

• Visited April 2013