“Never going there again”
Review of Old Country Buffet - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Old Country Buffet
Cuisines: American
Plainwell, Michigan
“Never going there again”
Reviewed November 21, 2011

So, good news first: the slushie machine was the best thing they could put in for children. But that's about it for my good comments. We usually like OCB because it gives our daughter choices for dinner, and the food is usually pretty good. Not for the OCB on Washington in Madison.
I thought we'd be safe with "old stand bys" like macaroni & cheese (starchy, too gooey); taco salad (cheese was like plastic); or pizza (my daughter ate half of it and said, "Mommy, I don't like it."). The soups were okay. The main dishes were dry (fish, roast meat), the side dishes were either cold (especially the fried items) or mealy.
They recently upgraded the decor, but it's the same old food. We were lured back in by the "new name" and the "new decor," only to be disappointed again. Fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice, I'm not ever going back into that building.

Visited August 2011