“Great coffee, sandwiches, soup and bakery items.”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #512 of 985 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great coffee, sandwiches, soup and bakery items.”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A chain with great coffee, sandwiches, soup and bakery items. Eat in or take out.

Have visited about 3 times mostly in mornings for a business related meeting.
Although busy, fine place to have meeting.

If you intend to frequent this chain, make sure to sign up for their free Panera Club,

Click on [MORE] below to format this review for easier reading.

Cleanliness .......................Very good.
Greeting............................ Always fast and courteous.
Order Taking by Server.... They get it right.
Order Accuracy...................Kitchen gets it right. .
Food preparation time........ Pretty quick even when busy.
Food quality and taste.........Very good.
Service overall.....................Very good; always friendly.
Portions:.............................. Breakfast items are sizable.
Noise Level.......................... Moderate.
Prices:..................................Moderate.
Restrooms............................Very clean.
Customers:..........................Mix of mostly middle class clientele.
Location: ............................ Near University and Veteran's hospital. Too far from campus for most people to walk or bicycle to.
Seating area....................... Reasonable and never seemed over crowded.
Ambiance:........................... Typical for Panera.
Parking............................... Ample. You should not have a problem finding a space.

• Visited August 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Madison, Wisconsin
“The Most Delicious Food”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

It might be expensive, but Panera Bread is a very nice place to eat if you've got time, with soups and sandwiches and desserts that are delicious and look pleasing to the eye. Everything tastes wonderful and I love the food. I go there all the time.

Visited December 2012
“Good food”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I like to go to Panera for a quick lunch. of coffee.. only the hot chocolate is made with water and not with milk in some places.. And I hate hot water chocolate. Once I ordered a soup, I waited and was told they would have been out. So I ordered another soup they did not have either, finally I did end up with a chicken soup.. I could not eat it. It was more water as anything else. I never ever did eat a soup there. Even so I am very often at Panera. Sometimes 2 times a day!

Visited March 2013
Madison
“Great for family as well as business purposes”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My family likes Panera Bread since it has variety of simple yet tasty food. One that I consider the best thing about Panera is because it offers "You Pick Two" menu. It means we can choose and combine two meals between sandwiches, soups and salads. In addition, even though Panera also has delicious kids menu, my kids always end up choosing "You Pick Two" since they can have bigger portion and more varied of meals.

We always put Panera into our top choice of restaurants wherever we go (out of states) and Panera at University Avenue is our favorite. We like this location because it is close to where we live. We can just go here by riding our bikes on Saturday or Sunday morning. We often meet our neighbors and friends here as well.

Not only is Panera one of my family's favorite restaurants, Panera specifically at the University Avenue is a good place for me to have informal business meetings. My colleague and I often choose Panera at this location for preparing our proposals and presentations, discussing our projects, and working on other work-related stuff. Even though this restaurant is busy, especially during breakfast and lunchtime, I do not think that this is bothering us so much. We can still focus on our work.

Despite great on the menus and location, Panera on University Avenue still has limitations. I notice that many people use this Panera for work and study by using their laptops, but it lacks of electrical outlets. Not all tables that are adjacent to walls have electrical outlets. Another drawback of Panera at University Avenue is we had missing items several times especially when ordered "to go” meal. Sometimes the restaurant employees forgot to put chips or French baguettes in our "to go" brown bags. I am sure that they did not do this on purpose but this is still an issue that needs to be taken seriously if Panera does not want to lose customers. I am not sure if Panera's manager would read this review but my suggestion for customers is please check your "to go" bags before leaving the restaurant.

• Visited February 2013
Janesville
“Yummy”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Love their sandwiches & salads. Soups are excellent. And don't forget any one of the mouthwatering desserts.

Visited October 2012