“Great brunch experience”

CIRC
Ranked #119 of 989 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: At CIRC we are dedicated to providing you first-class service in our contemporary and relaxing dining area. Our menu features dishes that exemplify the cuisine of Wisconsin with the flavors of America. Chef Charles Lazzareschi and his team pride themselves in using fresh, seasonal ingredients, which come together to create unique and flavorful pairings you are sure to love.
Sao Paulo, SP
“Great brunch experience”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I was there for a weekend brunch. The buffet had variety and delicious choices. The service was also great. They would refresh my coffee mug quite frequently.

• Visited July 2014

Carlsbad, CA
“Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed June 2, 2014 via mobile

We dine here each year, and are always disappointed that more people don't know how good this restaurant is. There have rarely been more than 10 people there at dinner, although it is busy at lunch. The food is excellent and not over-priced. I started with the creamy carrot apple soup, which was delicious, flavored with coconut and ginger. My husband had the seared ahi appetizer, which was fresh and accompanied with slaw, cucumber, and wonton, a lovely combination. The piece de resistance was my main dish, egg pappardelle, one of the best pasta dishes I've ever had. It had a mushroom ragout, Italian sausage, and mushroom cream. Magnificent! I couldn't finish it, so my husband took a few bites, and said he wants to come back so he can order that. What a treat!

Visited June 2014
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Superior food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The chef creates food from Wisconsin ingredients that rival any expensive restaurant in Madison -- without a hefty bill. I had choices that were all so interesting it was hard to pick. I had impeccable service from the staff. Just because this restaurant is in a hotel so not pass it by. It is well worth a meal to see what the chef has cooked up.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Dorothy1121
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Breakfast was good. But dinner really disappointing”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I liked the ambiance and presentation of the food. But our fish dishes were mediocre. bland flavored. When you vow to each other that you will never come here for dinner again (we return every October to the hotel) that is not a good sign. I still gave a very good rating because of the good breakfast. Many choices, fast service and good breakfast food.

• Visited October 2013
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
“Disappointed.”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We made reservation for six people for the 6 pm dinner hour. We had an idea of what to expect when we walked into the restaurant and we were the only ones there. However, we had another event to attend in the hotel and didn't want to leave.

Pro's:
The waiter was readily available for us, even if he didn't smile
The food has a great presentation
The restaurant was quiet
We were seated immediately
The apricot chutney was great
Seafood medley, porkchop, and crab cakes were great!

Con's:
Scallops were gritty
Cannellini beans were undercooked and hard
The short ribs were tough--like very, very tough
Squid ink pasta??? really?
For an organic food restaurant, I was expecting a full serving of vegetable with my entrée -- I received less than 1/2 a serving, and way too many undercooked beans!

All in all, our group left hungry and unsatisfied. The food was not at all what I was expecting after reading so many other great reviews. Should you really leave hungry after ordering an appetizer, side salad, and an entrée??? Too bad, this restaurant has a lot of potential.

• Visited April 2014