“Style and Taste”
Review of Graze Restaurant

Graze Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Graze Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,037 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stopped here after shopping at the Dade County Farmer's Market, (which is worth a trip by itself). Apparently on the weekends, only a brunch menu is offered but there were plenty of dishes from which to choose. I had eggs benedict, with perfectly poached and served hot eggs, atop real ham rather than so-called canadian bacon. I don’t want to limit my recommendation on this place just by saying they had great eggs benedict; all of the fare seemed of that same standard. Others in my group had equally good choices. We had the obligatory fried cheese curds, not one of my favorites, and they were quite good also. You can tell they pay a lot of attention to local sourcing and quality, with efficient but unobtrusive service. We weren't drinking so I can’t comment about the bar but it appeared that those who were enjoyed the quality and selection of artisanal beers. I am curious about the partner dinner facility right next door; I suspect they share kitchens and staff.

Reviewed April 21, 2014

This place blew me away. It reminded me of Founding Farmers in Washington DC. Farm to table style, creative menu, so great! I brought my 15 year old to DC for an overnight and told her we were going to go out somewhere fancy for dinner. We dressed up because I thought it would be fun. We walked about halfway around the square from our hotel and found out there was an hour wait- which I was expecting. But I was not expecting to see people walk out in jeans and t-shirts. The hour wait gave us time to go back to the hotel and change because my daughter was mortified that we were over dressed.
Onto the food... The Artisan Bread basket as awesome. Soft, warm bread- 3 different kinds- much more fun than the common bread basket. Then we tried the Pickle sampler because we didnt want to get too full before the meal. That was fun and educational. There were 5 different kinds from sweet to (very)spicy.
Our meals were amazing. She got the Moules Frites (mussels and fries) I was surprised to see the fries served separate and she thought I was crazy when I told her to add them into the mussel broth but then thanked me because the taste was amazing. I had the Red Wine Brasied Beef- which was a gamble because I actually hate red wine and cannot stand when it doesn't taste cooked off enough- but it was. I chose the meal mostly because I wanted beef and the sides it came with (mashed potatoes with shitake mushrooms and spinach.) So amazing- literally cleaned our plates.
Mickey our waitress let us see the dessert menu and we couldn't pass up the Grasshopper sundae. I dont think I have seen my daughter smile like that in years. Said it was the best thing she has ever had in her life. If she hadn't been so full I know she wuld not have shared. Graze was an awesome choice. And the view wasn't bad either!

1  Thank stephers26
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Everyone in Madison is crazy about this place. I am not. I have been there two times in the last couple years and both times I got sick afterwards. Their turkey sandwich has more dark meat than white. It's almost impossible to chew. Their fries are okay, but after chomping down dark meat and dry bread, it wasn't going to save my meal. Their salads are average and overpriced. Both times I went, I was not paying for my meal, so I didn't care that much. I would never pay to eat here. I am willing to admit that it might not be kind of place, so go try it for yourself. I will be down the street at Old Fashioned, Tipsy Cow, or Great Dane.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

It was happy hour, hard to find a place to stand and drink, but when you get the food, you know why. Seems to be the place to go after work too. Lots of work groups just hanging around. They do not take any reservations, so get in and get your name on the list. Good selection of drinks and fancy appetizers. Great service and a fun view of the capital and downtown area.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

We stumbled across this place because it was walking distance from my conference hotel. They had happy hour prices on drinks, which was really nice. We had the fried cheese curds for an appetizer. The half order was plenty. For dinner we ate the mac n'cheese with pulled pork and the pork buns. It was very good. This was a great first meal in Wisconsin for us.