“Nice place, good vibes, good food”
Review of Graze Restaurant

Graze Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 997 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Baltimore
“Nice place, good vibes, good food”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I believe you pay for the ambiance and the atmosphere at the Graze more than you would for the food. It's a lively and super chic place, but also quite busy on most nights. Therefore, service tends to be on the slower end.

Parts of their menu changes periodically (I believe it's four times a year?). Most of the appetizers and entrees I've had here were okay. As I mentioned, I liked the ambiance more.

However, my favorite item is the Graze Burger. It is absolutely delicious! I've never had such meat fest concoction of a burger other than at the Graze... Can you imagine bacon, sirloin, ribeye, and short ribs with your burger? Well, give your salivating taste buds a rest and pamper them at the Graze.

Visited November 2012

• Korean first
Auburn, Washington
“just great”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We went to this restaurant after the Madison Art Fair. It was very busy but the waiter was very attentive and did not rush us. The setting was beautiful with large windows bringing the inside in. The food was beautifully presented. A simple but artful plating of several pickles was fun to try. We had a very fresh salad and a simple but delicious dessert. The gnocci were so light. We will hopefully be back to enjoy this restaurant again. They have local cheese plates to try next time and we didn't even get a chance to try the microbrews.

Newbury, New Hampshire
“Top Notch food, great cocktails”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

A really cool location combined with creative and delicious food makes this a place that I will definitely be back to. Expect to wait a bit longer and pay a bit more than some of the other neighborhood spots but it is well worth it.

Kegonsaman
“Hip Spot on the Square”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

If an eclectic menu, very modern environment, an intriguing cross section of people, not a bad seat in the house and good food is your desire, then Graze Pub is the place to be. While we went on SAT evening where four people is not large enough for a reservation, the wait was a very tolerable 30 minutes, especially if you can score a spot at the concrete bar, while waiting.
The sense that this is a "happening place" is reinforced by the very high ambient noise level, which is enhanced by the total lack of any soft surfaces in the restaurant. The Graze is situated adjacent to the sidewalk, across the street from the most beautiful state capitol in the U.S.; wow, what a view.

• Visited July 2013
“Ok Gastro Pub....might try again”
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Heard great things about Graze. Maybe I went on an off night. It was not great by any means. I was thrilled to find a restaurant that focused on using local farms. I enjoy eating the food that is produced in the region as opposed to another Sysco produced food reheating establishment. So for the use of locally produced ingredients from Meat, cheese and Vegetables I would give the restaurant 5 stars. Unfortunately they need to spend just as much energy on their customer service. I sat at the bar and it took 2hrs for me to complete one meal. This was due to the difficulty of getting the bartenders attention. A couple of local/regulars helped me out by getting the attention of the bartenders by name for me several times but the overall lack of what I call service was missing. I had fried cheese curds because well when in Rome........they were what you would imagine. The salad was fresh and crisp but my entree was just down right weird. House made Gnocchi with a goat cheese sauce with Pork Confit and dill. Ok so maybe it was my fault for ordering it, but I thought maybe they know something I don't. Nope. The dill was in long pieces and the dish had cucumbers sliced with it. Sorry I don't really care for large pieces of hot cucumber. On short I would try this restaurant again but I was greatly disappointed my first experience and a warning to those who do go......stay away from the Gnocchi.