“Perfect Name for Sharing Meals”
Review of Graze Restaurant

Graze Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Graze Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 1,023 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Lots of appetizers at in-between menu - afternoon, after lunch and before dinner. Yummy fried cheese curds which was a new taste to me. Great location, right on Capitol Square.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

All of our entrees were excellent. Let me start there because this place has a great menu that is not your standard fare. We had to quiz the waitress on a number of the dishes and ingredients because we were not sure what they were (grape must?). When it is hard to decide what to order because so many things sound great you know you are in for a treat. Nothing disappointed from the BBQ Beef to the House Sausage (no not a brat), the whitefish and cheese curds. The server was very helpful, patient and friendly. Highly recommended!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Graze is in a glass building right on the square in Madison with a view of the Capitol and outdoor seating available in summer. The atmosphere is nice and unpretentious. The food is delicious and locally grown. We started with yummy craft cocktails, an artistan cheese plate with award-winning cheese from Wisconsin, and then moved on to our entrees; I had the whitefish with crab cakes and greens, which was amazing. The waiter warned me that the serving wasn't huge, but I thought the portions were perfect, and in fact, I was too full afterwards to order what looked like fantastic desserts. We chose Graze because it was won one of the Best Restaurants of Madison Magazine, and I think the honor was well deserved. We paid under $100 for our meal including drinks and tip, and were delighted with the restaurant and the experience.

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Another reviewer echoed our impression exactly! so I am capturing the points we agree on. Average but overpriced food. I love the idea of using local ingredients. I would expect to pay more for quality, locally grown and produced foods, from small area farms. I just wish the food was better. We had the burger, just ok and the bread dry. Mac and cheese was good, but not great, also dry. Service was Fine. They do a good job of identifying options veg, gluten free etc on their menu. Been there twice with two work groups and was underwhelmed.

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Love the space! Open And bright. Had the oysters an the mussels. Both were delish! The only annoying thing is they won't seat you till your whole party is there and the hostess wouldn't give us the table we wanted even though there are "no reservations" and no one was sitting there. I think she was being sneaky for a friend or something. But I would go back for the food.