“Average visit”

Madison, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average visit”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We visited on a Sunday night and were able to sit outside. We enjoy sitting outside whenever the weather cooperates and seek out restaurants that have seating outside. The service was excellent, but the food was average. The waitress did a great job at explaining the house specialties and we ordered all that she recommended. They were average. Honestly, we would recommend Bangdung Indonesian restaurant far over this one. The only thing that we would go out of our way for here was the mango with sticky rice...delicious!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank 5Exploring

Falcon Heights, Minnesota
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth Seeking Out”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

In our first trip to Madison we learned of this small restaurant through Trip Advisor. We located it on the other side of the Capitol from the U of WI campus. It was worth our search. We had lunch, and although it was not busy, the food was excellent. It is not cheap but well worth the cost. I would definitely go back. Not your typical small, cheap Asian takeout.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Theodore M
Ohio
“Fabulous food!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Lao Laan-Xang is a "hole in the wall" type restaurant - small and with minimal atmosphere. The service is friendly. The food is fabulous. I ordered khao tod nam som and was soon in heaven. Yum, yum, yum! The dish is a ground pork based filling served with lettuce leaves. The diner puts some filling on a lettuce leaf, adds a bit of fresh cilantro, wraps the whole thing up, then pops it in the mouth. The lettuce was crispy fresh - perfect. The filling was a blend of several flavors with just enough heat to make it scrumptious.

I wish I had a transport machine to take me back and forth between my home and Madison WI just so i could return to Lao Lan-Xang frequently.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank EFFor
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Enjoyed my second visit!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Well I had been thinking of their sticky rice with mango ever since I ate there the first time.
So we finally went back for dinner. I thought my choice tasted very good. My other half ordered the shrimp fried rice as he isn't an adventurous eater. He should have ordered some spice to it - it was pretty bland - although the shrimp was tasty.

The chicken satay appetizers were excellent. And of course, the sticky rice with mango outstanding.

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“Consistently excellent”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Always friendly, attentive service and excellent food. One of my favorite places in Madison - wish there was a location on the west side!

Visited May 2013