“As close to authentic as you can get!”

Lao Laan-Xang Restaurant
Ranked #147 of 1,014 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I love to travel Southeast Asia -- so I was a bit wary going to try this restaurant.I have to say I was impressed. The spring rolls were very good and the house dipping sauce excellent. we were a party of four, so we all ordered something different. The crab ragoons were gobbled up and deemed mouthwatering! I loved my wonton soup - tasted just like my usual breakfast of choice when travelling....... very good! We also had the garlic shrimp, the cashew chicken and sweet/ sour chicken-- all very good, but I feel this was a bit more "americanized." They were still very good with large portions. I would probably go with the medium "hot" level -- one step up from their "timid" level of spicy-ness.
I thought the prices were fair given that it was in the Madison market
(but was quite a shocker when you are used to paying 2 to 3 bucks for the same meal overseas).

I liked the restaurant location and the set up in the dining room. The wait staff was very good at their jobs. We had a very pleasant and funny waitress.
I would definitely recommend this place and will hopefully come back again.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The casual atmosphere provides a perfect setting for an outstanding meal. The menu variety is surprising. Each of our party ordered a different meat and heat selection of the mango curry and each was amazing. I won't hesitate to return.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Love these flavors. Started with well constructed spring rolls with a Lao Sausage. Main course of a very flavorful, aromatic Lao fried chicken, with a very spicy papaya salad and sticky rice. The papaya was a bit spicier than I like. Dining room, and the service, were both quite eclectic. Look forward to trying other things on the menu when I pass through Madison.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The food here was good and the wait staff was friendly and helpful. One of the people in my party though had to wait quite a bit longer than everyone else to get their food.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

The Mixed Vegetable Curry and Pineapple Curry are incredible! The flavors are excellent and we always have left overs for lunch the next day. I crave this place at least once a month. This place is one of my favorite restaurants in Madison!