“Fine asian Herbs”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Second time, and still enjoying this spicy treat. The beer and wine menu is limited, so we did take away, and savored the experience. Good value, and my friends go so often they consider it comfort food.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

The food here is fantastic.

There is not a single item on the menu that isn't worth eating a great deal of.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

During a recent visit to Madison, Lao Laan-Xang was recommended by an extremely helpful local foodie. To quote him, "it's the best Asian food in Madison." Coming back into Madison from the Olbrich Botanical Garden, we stopped for a late lunch. Despite it being less than five minutes before wrapping up lunch and not a soul in the place, they graciously seated us. My wife had the pineapple curry served with rice and a cucumber salad, which she thoroughly enjoyed. I had the chicken with spicy peanut sauce, served with rice. I also had the vegetarian spring roll--crispy, not in the slightest bit oily, and extremely tasty. The chicken dish, which can also be made with tofu, was awesome. Moist chicken, broccoli and mushrooms in a peanut and coconut sauce. Each component of the dish was perfectly cooked, which is helping to drive this rating. The chef obviously takes his craft seriously. Service was great (ok, there was no one else there) and friendly. Great value as well. Will be back.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

We have been going to Lao Laan-Xang for a few years during our road trips to Madison. I love that there is a whole list of vegetarian options and tofu can be replaced for the meat in most dishes. There is even a vegan soup option!

I love trying different curry dishes with tofu and the portions are large so there is always extra to take home. The server was very friendly to me even though we came near the end of the night and checked back with us in a timely manner. The prices are reasonable and have never had a bad dish here. We will continue to visit this restaurant!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

My husband and I went to Lao Laan-Xang (II) down the street. It was crowded (8 PM on Sat) but we were sat right away and the food was fresh and hot. Service was great - the wait staff all very friendly and efficient. Their basil fried rice with tofu was pretty good. A bit on the more expensive side, especially for Madison, WI but worth it.