“Always go here, but disappoints tonight”

Chili's Grill & Bar
Ranked #295 of 989 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Barbecue, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Arlington
“Always go here, but disappoints tonight”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Dinner was actually good. The waitresses knowledge of the menu... disappointing! We always order chips and salsa from the appitizer menu. Most of the time we get a refill. However, tonight the waitress said there are no refills on chips and salsa. She said the only time you get bottomless chips and salsa is at lunch. Now, we've been coming here for years and as I said, we always order this. Unless they just recently changed their policy we have always gotten refills at dinner time. Seems weird to change it all of a sudden.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jessi R

Rio, Wisconsin, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good lunch...”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This week my parents, my husband, and myself had lunch at Chili's. My husband and I each had fajitas, he had steak and I had the chicken. My dad had the fajita salad and my mom had the crispy chicken tacos. We all commented that our food was good. Nothing out of the ordinary. The waitress was very attentive. I would eat here again.

• Visited July 2013
Minneapolis, MN
“Decent restaurant”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Ive been to dozens of Chilis so I'll base this off of a comparison to other locations.

Staff was friendly. Waitress was decent but maybe had a few too many tables. Had to ask her for a couple of things more than once.

In general, I thought the location was a bit dirty. Around the windows, floors, bathroom etc could all have used a good cleaning.

Food was standard Chilis fare.

• Visited January 2013
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Standard Chain Restaurant but Very Good Service”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

What can you say about a chain restaurant? The food is interchangable with the others, but I was impressed with the level of service. Our food was very good - Cajun pasta and the Shiners Brock ribs - all very tasty. I have to say that the waitstaff was excellent. Food was served right away and hot and drinks refilled promptly, just the right amount of attentiveness.
Thanks for a nice evening out.

• Visited January 2013
Madison, Wisconsin
“No matter how busy they always get it done”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I have eaten at this location several times on busy nights when parking is at a minimum yet the longest I have waited is 5 minutes. Last trip I had the full rack of babybacks (thanks austin powers forplanting that in my brain) and they were a beautiful thing! Wait staff is always excellent! I would have given it 5 stars but the electronic check out device makes the visit a bit unpersonal and is a distraction when kids are asking you to pay for shows at the table. I appreciate technology but there is a time and a place and the dinner table is not one them

• Visited November 2012