“Seriously Great Barbecue”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Hard to believe they have better tasting brisket and ribs than anywhere I've been to in Austin and Dallas Texas. (I lived in Austin for 6 years and traveled to Dallas 8-10 times each year)
Great smokey flavor but not overpowering. Extremely tender meat. Must have the brisket! Ribs we're delicious and falling off the bone. Couldn't get enough! Sauce had just the right amount of spice.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I have been all over the USA and after hearing so much finally got to Jon's. wow impeccable service and the food though a little pricey was one of the best BBQ meals Ive ever had and Im picky. Jon was there too. Definitely can't wait to return...

Reviewed July 23, 2013

We always get the pulled pork family pack. Great pork= great slaw= great sammy. Quick service. Small seating area, that's why we carry out.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Back for more. I think hands down the best smoked meat in the Midwest. I am a little particular about wet sauce. I know, I know. But these guys really know how to smoke their meats...low and slow. I love the tangy and spicy sauce. Their sides are great too. Not exactly in the most convenient place to get to, but worth the inconvenience.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Delicious BBQ from friendly, saucy folk. The brisket was as good as any I've had in Texas and the sauce was sweet, spicy and with a little heat. They also offer a number of tempting sides (you get 2 with most everything on the menu) including a great corn, skin on fries, coleslaw, beans and deep fried biscuits that look and taste like the beignets from New Orleans.

Parking is limited so you may need to park a block away in the neighborhood and just walk over the restaurant.

Located near the Oscar Mayer factory on Packer road. Definitely worth a visit. We will definitely be back when we head back to Madison in the fall.