“Great spot for breakfast”

Lazy Jane's Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #54 of 1,020 Restaurants in Madison
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed May 19, 2014 via mobile

We needed a breakfast place on our roadtrip and decided to try Lazy Jane's based on reviews. We were not disappointed. Had the egg sandwich and a scone. Excellent quality of food and delicious baked goods. Coffee was very good too.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Great place for breakfast or an afternoon coffee & snack. Good coffee, pastries & egg dishes. They make morning buns (like the old Ovens of Brittany's Brittany buns), scones, etc. There's a line in the morning, so go early or be prepared to wait.

The logistics: you'll stand in line (go in the entrance by the street) and order at the counter. Then just find a table (there are more upstairs) and wait to hear your order called at the pickup window.

There is a small, tight parking lot (maybe 10 - 12 spots) and lots of street parking.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Waited on a Saturday morning for a table, staring at the bakery counter, oh my....there was only one almond croissant left, would some one else in line order it? Arrggghhhh! Lucky we scored the croissant and a wonderful breakfast as well. The French Toast is out of this world made with Brioche served with apples (freshly cooked) and cream. Turkey sausage tasty. Pancakes size of your plate. Latte's perfect. You order at counter and take to a table. Very speedy and fresh/hot. Friendly staff, clean dining room. We stopped the next morning on our way out of town to the bakery next door to buy some more almond croissants but sadly they were sold out. We bought the scones instead, very fresh and delish. A great find we will return!

Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

I came in for a late lunch and had no problem finding either a parking place or a table. I had the grilled cheese and avocado sandwich. It had actual sliced avocados, not some avocado spread like many restaurants serve. Just the right amount of cheese and tomato. I had to try a lemon- raspberry scone after reading all the rave reviews and I have to say I've had better. The scone was browner and crunchier than I like. I think it should have come out of the oven 5 minutes sooner. I prefer the lemon berry scones at the Prairie Cafe. All in all worth the visit.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Lazy Jane's had been recommended to us by one of son's co-workers and it was a great choice!! The food was wonderful -- both the breakfast entrees and the pastries. The scones deserve special mention -- tasty and moist. Staff was very friendly and we enjoyed the whole atmosphere. We plan to go again the next time we are in Madison!

Been to Lazy Jane's Cafe & Bakery? Share your experiences!