“Tasty and imaginative”

Ranked #11 of 1,005 Restaurants in Madison
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Don't the let long line for breakfast fool you; it moves fast and the staff are cheery and helpful. The egss (with WI cheese, of course) were very good. Only 1 slice of toast, however (usually you get 2), though the home fries were tasty (if a bit grasy).

There are newer reviews for Marigold Kitchen

Reviewed August 1, 2013

This is probably my favorite brunch place in Madison.

Marigold Kitchen has different specials from season to season and changes pretty often. Most of these specials are pretty good. As for their regular brunch menu, I think my favorite items from here are their omelettes, and I do believe I've tried them all. They offer healthy and appetizing ingredients, and somehow they just make them better than other places. My favorite is the one with zucchini and goat cheese. Other than the omelettes, the french toast and the quiches here are also scrumptious.

I've never been here on a weekday, but I can assure you that brunch on Saturdays and Sundays requires you to wait quite a bit. Try to go before 10 AM or after 2 PM.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

We went for brunch and it was packed. However, the line went quickly and the food was delicious. Pictures from meal are on Foodspotting. One thing to note is that they don't want you to sit before ordering. We followed this dictum but saw many people who did not. We didn't really find a table and had to stand for a bit. We ended up sitting where it wasn't cleared on one of the long bar-like areas and just moving the used dishes off to the side. The weather was nice and so they had some seating outside.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

I've tried this restaurant twice, months apart, hoping in vain that the greasy breakfast was a fluke. I think if you pressed the potatoes that come with the eggs, you would get enough oil to power your vehicle. My omelet was grey, an indication of an improperly cleaned grill. The coffee is great, though, and the menu is interesting, but I won't be taking a chance on this establishment again. Too bad.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food is excellent and very fresh. It's a great local restaurant and has a small, but tasty menu. I ate an omlette and breakfast potatoes and both were worth the trip downtown.