“Breakfast is very good, needs a couple tweaks”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Marigold Kitchen

Marigold Kitchen
Ranked #17 of 980 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, Wisconsin
“Breakfast is very good, needs a couple tweaks”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My wife and I eat breakfast there almost every Saturday morning and really like the restaurant. However, there are a couple of things that we feel would improve the customer's experience:
1. The music is way too loud for early in the morning. We are not fuddy duddy's but during an early breakfast would prefer to enjoy our coffee, great breakfast, and conversation in a more hospitable environment.
2. Some of the food, such as the french toast, is not very hot when delivered - maybe it's precooked? The plates are not warmed nor is the syrup. Little things but add up to serving hot food hot.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank WIFITCHES

• Korean first
San Diego, Ca
“fresh prepared, good baked goods, inventive egg dishes”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

The best scones (next to the ones from Lazy Jane's) we've ever had. Duck Confit hash was my favorite. Coffee was above usual restaurant-diner fare. Gets crowded, fairly small sitting area..worth the wait out in the street.

Visited September 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Ok breakfast”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I had read mostly positive reviews of the Marigold so my daughter and I had breakfast here recently while in town for a campus visit. Service is cheerful, but our food was a little slow coming out of the kitchen after ordering at the counter. My chile poached eggs were over cooked, and I didn't taste any chile flavor. The buttermilk pancake was delicious, but small and thin, and nearly $4. My daughter didn't care for the greasy Marigold potatoes. Maybe it was an off day - I would give it another chance.

Visited August 2012
Urbana, Illinois
“fresh food and gluten free options!”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I love this place. The breakfast is delicious. Everyone who works there is always smiling and helpful. I got the eggs, potatoes and toast (gluten free!). I will go back again before I leave Madison maybe for lunch and get the gluten free dessert!

• Visited August 2012
Middleton, Wisconsin
“Nearly perfect”
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

I absolutely love marigold. I've only had breakfast there, but it always good and usually excellent. Fresh greens with a savory duck hash has to be my all time favorite breakfast ... Ever. The sweet stuff is even better. Go early as it gets crowded and claustrophic. People get surly. Better yet don't go during farmers market Saturday's. But you must go.

Been to Marigold Kitchen? Share your experiences!