“Just Terrible”

Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Wisconsin
“Just Terrible”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I don't go to a Chinese Buffet expecting gourmet cuisine, I just want a reasonably priced, fast, filling meal of not-so-authentic Asian food. The food at China One West, was just terrible. There wasn't an edible item to be found anywhere. Most of the food looked like it had been sitting out for hours, if not days. Even the few "fresh" items that were brought out tasted like they had just been sitting in back under heatlamps all day long. They have a Mongolian Buffett, but even those ingredients appear to be of questionable safety or quailty, like uncooked shrimp sitting in a bowl of water, certainly what had been ice several hours earlier. Throw in the warnings plastered up all over the restaurant that they can charge you extra if they decide you are "wasting" their horrifically bad food, and this is just a train wreck of a restaurant that should be avoided at all costs.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank RTAMidwest

Madison
“Best cannonese cuisine in Madison!”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I loved the Dim Sum in China One Buffet! They serviced very authentic Hong Kong food. Meanwhile, China one buffet had a great service. The manager always prepared some typical sweet soup or desert as a gift for customer who ate Dim Sum! In addition, I loved the Mongolian grill and sushi in China one buffet. I think it is a great restaurant for birthday and family party! I just loved it!

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank icer1
Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Best Chinese buffet in Madison area”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Definitely the Best Chinese Restaurant in Madison Area.
I was surprised about this restaurant. I thought it was a buffet style just like the name, China 1 Buffet. But we decided to try order traditional dishes instead of buffet. With variety of drinks, it was a great experience. The food is Hong Kong-style. Surrounding is clean and neat. There even have a space for kids to play. What a great dinner time for a family with kids.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank XZhang22
“Taken a turn for the worse....”
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I've visited this place off and on for years and it's always been decent. It had been a few months between visits and things have changed. On my most recent visit, it was somewhat busy, but much of the food wasn't as warm as it should have been. Most of the mainstays--egg rolls, hot and sour soup, etc.--seemed like they were leftover from the day before. The service was good, but the food was far from what I expected.

1 Thank Gareth-Olson
Barneveld, Wisconsin, United States
“Too Bad”
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I can't even put into words how violated I feel after my third awful experience at this want to be Asian restaurant. I used to frequent the place 2-3 times a month for years. I will never ever go back. I assumed wrongly that at 7:30 in the evening the food would be warm. There were only 2 out of the 6 main dishes available the entire 45 minutes I wasted there and those were bad renditions of crawfish and a bland crusty shrimp thing.
After seating me and bringing a rancid ice tea, the next time I saw my waitress was when she brought my bill.... When I asked for water and said the tea was bad, she smiled and walked away. Never saw her again. Bye it was fun while it lasted.

• Visited February 2013