“We were weary travelers”

Weary Traveler Incorporated
Ranked #84 of 1,020 Restaurants in Madison
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We left Chicago too late in the day to make it all the way to the Twin Cities so we decided to stay the night in Madison. We had zero expectations for this unscheduled stop. A friend suggested that we try the Weary Traveler. I'm glad we did! This is a hip neighborhood pub. Casual atmosphere filled with hipsters, students and families. The food was outstanding. You have to try a burger or the quinoa salad. They have a varied beer selection on tap which our waiter was happy to navigate us through.
As we walked back to our car we found ourselves in the midst of dozens of bicycles coming and going, their little lights twinkling in the dark. A magical night.

2  Thank Namellor

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We liked the service and menu so much, that in a 3 day trip we ate here 3 times.
The "Bob's Bad Breath" burger, was among the best burgers I've ever had in my life. Especially because if you order it rare, or med. rare it actually comes that way! My wife loved the mediterranean hummus salad plate. Nice comfy local tavern feeling and nice prices.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We were in town for a quick "orientation" with our grad school son & discovered this quirky,colorful bar/restaurant serving fabulous food. Others have commented on the noise...what do you expect with wood floors and a tin ceiling + bar? We weren't even aware of the racous because we were so absorbed enjoying our meals! Okay, so here's what you need to consider ordering:
1) The grilled Walleye...it's a house favorite (and my wife's!)
2) The Mediterranean platter -- fabulous hummus, Greek salad, etc.
3) Carne Asada -- it's no better south of the border!

That's all we had time to sample...but I'm confident everything is great! We'd don't rave often, but what a fun place! Plus, you will be shocked by the bill (how low it is)...at least you will if you come from any major metro area.

Enjoy!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food was good but we were there on a Friday night and it was so loud that conversation was nearly impossible. Recommend going during a less busy time.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

I'm a regular here. It's just a great place -- lively ambiance with original decorations, dark wood walls, every piece has a story. Ask Christopher, the owner, and he'll tell you a story about each one. The food is reliably good. My favorites are the West of the Andes Sandwich and the Chicken Dijonnaise. Real comfort food. They are one of the few places in Madison to get excellent food late at night.

Been to Weary Traveler Incorporated? Share your experiences!