“Authentic Gyros”

Parthenon Gyros Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 980 Restaurants in Madison
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We were the first gyros restaurant in Wisconsin in 1972 and we've been making our gyros and sauce by hand since then. We believe simple, high quality ingredients make the best food and that's why our gyros (made only from ground lamb, beef and spices) and our tzatziki/gyro sauce (which starts as milk, then we make Greek yogurt, then add cucumber, garlic, lemon) are the best in the country.
Bedford, Nh
“Authentic Gyros”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

I have lived in New Hampshire for 30 years and have not yet found authentic Gyros, sliced off the spit. This was a treat. Our only problem was that we over ordered! We enjoyed outdoor seating but missed the deck.

• Visited August 2013

Baltimore
“Satisfies cravings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

When I crave gyros, Parthenon Gyros is my homeboy.

This place is affordable and fast and also has plenty of seating. I almost always go here for gyros, which is large and satisfying. I've also had the Hercules plate (which is a Greek meat fest) and the spinach pie, which is pretty good as well.

My only complaint is that they seriously need to change the channels on the TVs. They only show documentaries of Greece.

Visited November 2012
minneapolis
“Best gyros in the midwest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Whenever I visit Madison Wisconsin, I make a point to visit the Parthenon on the State street mall. It has been open since the '70's, back when I was in high schooI. I love gyros and I've eaten a lot of them but none better than this place. All I can say is great tasting authentic Greek food. The inside seating is fair but the open air rooftop patio is enjoyable as is the State street mall atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

It had been years and years since I'd eaten at the Parthenon. Maybe it was because I was very young and in college at the time that I LOVED the gyros...but this time they were so incredibly average and not a bargain. I will skip this stop during my next trip to Madison.

• Visited July 2013
Medford, Wisconsin
“Horrible!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been to the Parthenon restaurant before and it was wonderful. This time the gyros were terrible!! The meat and sauce had a funky flavor that I couldn't put my finger on. The pita was extremely greasy. I don't think I'll ever be back.

Visited June 2013