“Satisfies cravings”

Parthenon Gyros Restaurant
Ranked #56 of 995 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night
Description: We were the first gyros restaurant in Wisconsin in 1972 and we've been making our gyros and sauce by hand since then. We believe simple, high quality ingredients make the best food and that's why our gyros (made only from ground lamb, beef and spices) and our tzatziki/gyro sauce (which starts as milk, then we make Greek yogurt, then add cucumber, garlic, lemon) are the best in the country.
Baltimore
“Satisfies cravings”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

When I crave gyros, Parthenon Gyros is my homeboy.

This place is affordable and fast and also has plenty of seating. I almost always go here for gyros, which is large and satisfying. I've also had the Hercules plate (which is a Greek meat fest) and the spinach pie, which is pretty good as well.

My only complaint is that they seriously need to change the channels on the TVs. They only show documentaries of Greece.

Visited November 2012

minneapolis
“Best gyros in the midwest”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Whenever I visit Madison Wisconsin, I make a point to visit the Parthenon on the State street mall. It has been open since the '70's, back when I was in high schooI. I love gyros and I've eaten a lot of them but none better than this place. All I can say is great tasting authentic Greek food. The inside seating is fair but the open air rooftop patio is enjoyable as is the State street mall atmosphere.

• Visited July 2013
De Pere, Wisconsin
“Disappointed”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

It had been years and years since I'd eaten at the Parthenon. Maybe it was because I was very young and in college at the time that I LOVED the gyros...but this time they were so incredibly average and not a bargain. I will skip this stop during my next trip to Madison.

• Visited July 2013
Medford, Wisconsin
“Horrible!!”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I've been to the Parthenon restaurant before and it was wonderful. This time the gyros were terrible!! The meat and sauce had a funky flavor that I couldn't put my finger on. The pita was extremely greasy. I don't think I'll ever be back.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Lisa V
Fargo, North Dakota
“Best Gyros in Town”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Parthenon's is one of the first places I wanted to eat at after moving back to the area from out of state. I believe it has the best tasting GYROS around...generous amount of meat with fresh onions and tomatoes and the sauce is perfect. I believe the best way to enjoy it is in the outdoor sitting on State St....great location downtown Madison.

• Visited April 2013