“Solid Choice”

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #252 of 1,023 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 30, 2013

I have always been a fan of Cracker Barrel, especially for breakfast. We decided on this location because we were staying in the area. This restaurant is situated off I-94/90/39 but it was not easy to locate because there was no tall sign as there usually is with Cracker Barrels. But I am sure that has something to do with zoning. We did ultimately find it, however. The décor at all Cracker Barrels is a country motif that includes a country store. It provides a comfortable environment for an enjoyable meal. We were seated quickly and our server was very efficient during our visit. A major advantage with Cracker Barrel is the fact that their servers are consistently well trained and do their job quite well. Another positive is that their menu offers a good selection with everything prepared consistently from one store to another. My colleague and I both had egg white omelettes and were very happy with our choices. I had a piece of grilled catfish as my meat choice, which is an option found in very few places. The prices at Cracker Barrel are always reasonable making it a very good value. In all, it is a very good choice for breakfast.

1  Thank Debbie K

Reviewed June 16, 2013

Always very good! They have a great selection on the menu. The staff is nice and they check on you a lot, but not too much. We did get fried pears, when they were supposed to be apples, but we told the manager when he came by to see if everything was okay, and he said he was sorry. But it was funny, and we didn't have a problem with pears.

1  Thank WISCONSINPACKERFANS
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Maybe it's a good thing we don't live too close otherwise we would eat there way too often. Breakfast was, as always has been, very good. Large portions and in a fun atmosphere. Wait staff were nice and the store is fun to shop around after eating.

2  Thank lovinmymomlife
Reviewed February 20, 2013

This chain has very homophobic personnel policies. Good biscuits, bad politics. I won't be eating at any Cracker Barrel restaurant anywhere until that changes.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

The staff was very kind, and they were extremely accommodating of substitutions in the order. Our food ended up great, and I enjoyed going. We enjoyed the store as well. They sell some pretty great things, and I really recommend people should visit.

1  Thank Brittany M