“Cash only. Great tropical drinks. Cafe Costa Rica has bet”
Review of Jolly Bob's - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Jolly Bob's
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Cash only. Great tropical drinks. Cafe Costa Rica has bet”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
A TripAdvisor Member
“Yuck! I never knew”
Reviewed January 3, 2006

To All those thinking about going out to jolly bob's to eat or drink. This place did not impress me at all, infact it made me sick(literally). The service when we first got there was slow and incompetant. It never improved, which is too bad due to the fact that it has a really nice atmosphere. The food is way over priced for a type of generic caribbean style food in my opinion. The made up drinks they have are expensive and made up with cheap rail liquor that gave me gut rot. To top it off the next day i had to go to the hospital because of food poisoning. The day before all i had was toast in the morning and jolly bob's at night. mmmmmm i wonder what i got sick from? Anyways a friend of mine who attends the UW told me they are known for being an unsanitary place. It was not a fun ride all the way home to Elgin,Ill.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
WI
“Great drinks”
Reviewed November 22, 2005

Jolly Bob's is a fun place to go. The outdoor seating is great. The drinks, while expensive, are very good. The Puerto Rican fried chicken is good. Whenever I have been the wait has been over an hour and the service has not been very good.

2 Thank granolagirll
sacramento, ca
“Favorite Madison Restaurant”
Reviewed September 13, 2005

I love Jolly Bob's! I started eating here when it just opened years and years ago. The food and atmosphere have only improved. The only bad thing is that since I no longer live in Madison, I have to be content with yearly visits. The whole place has a true Caribbean vibe. The owner's photography on the walls, taken while traveling the world (his passion), is stunning. The flavors of the menu items are unique and striking. The jerk is quite good, but try the BlackJack or AvoCat. Don't miss the Curry Chicken Thighs with the best peanut sauce I've ever tasted. (I ask for a small bowl of it which I use as a dip for the tasty bread.) In fact, the sauces in general are outstanding. Love the Curry Mango salad dressing! Soups are also outstanding. The drink menu is very festive and the whole place sets up a great atmosphere for dinner and music. Jolly Bob's often has DJs and bands playing. But, bring cash because they don't take credit cards. (There is an ATM in the restaurant.) If you can sit on the back patio, you'll feel like you're in the islands!

3 Thank cyndo68