“Okay, but not great.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kabul Afghanistan Restaurant

Kabul Afghanistan Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 975 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Afghani
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Hancock
“Okay, but not great.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

I was looking forward to eating here, since I did about 6 years ago and it was amazing. It could have been just the difference in menu choice though. I ordered a ginger/garlic chicken dish and it was okay, but not was I expected. I remembered the bread being really good last time (and I think it was served warm, but not sure). This time the bread was cold and didn't taste very fresh. Last time I was there I ordered the kabobs and they were very good.

Visited August 2012

Madison, Wisconsin
“Awful service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Waited for about an hour in very poorly ari conditioned, noisy room with small, hungry kids till the food arrived...no apologies except to say that You should have said something earlier.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Madison itself is full of flavor just like Kabul! It has been a few years since I have been there but had the luck to eat there a few weeks ago with girlfriends. We were a large party of 7, and we really wanted to be outside so the lovely and fun host, found us two seperate tables. We were fine splitting up because it was a quaint patio anyway. The food was hard to order. We had hummus to start, it was good but lacked just a little something, but the bread was warm and tasty. We had the green beans, a ginger chicken and a lamb dish. I personally wouldn't order lamb but I was the one hogging that dish, it was so tender. I can't wait a few more years to get more! Great experience!

• Visited June 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Nice meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Pluses: very good and a nice switch from run of the mill restaurants. Slight minuses: limited menu, no AC so far this summer, and a little crowded. This was my third time there; enjoyed it overall. Service was busy but friendly.

Iowa City
“always a treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

When ever we are in Madison we try to work in a lunch or dinner at Kabul. The flavors and aromas are matched by none. Picking something from the menu is always difficult because we want to try everything. But that gives us a good excuse to come back -- so much more to try. The wait staff has always been attentive and helpful in making us break out of our box and try new things. It is a true treat to enjoy dinner or lunch at Kabul.

Visited May 2012