“I will miss my favorite restaurant”
Review of Sushi Box - CLOSED

Sushi Box
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 21, 2017

A little gem of a sushi place.

Thank you for the last 16 years! Yun was amazing - always has a smile and knew our names when we walked in. Congrats on retiring - you will be missed!!

Reviewed July 18, 2017

Sushi Box is located two blocks down from my workplace. My husband and I have been working in the same place for a year and we always drove pass the Sushi Box. Being a lover of Japanese food, I always plan on dining in this restaurant several times and finally got the chance to do so on July 14th.

As we wait for our food to be served, something caught my attention. I could hardly read it from where I was seated, it took me awhile to figure out that it is a personal notice of closing their restaurant.

The owner overheard me sharing what I have read to my husband, she approached us and started sharing her feelings about closing the restaurant after 16 years. I gave her a hug as she was very emotional about it.

The restaurant was cleanly kept even if their dining space is limited, there's so much tables and chairs available for many. I love the monitors they have around the dining area where you can watch how your food is being prepared.

There are varieties of sushi to choose from their menu.

The service is fast and efficient.

We ended up ordering a second batch of sushi because they were really very flavorful.

I am thankful that we dine in this restaurant for the first time before they close for good yet I am very sad too since it was also the very last time.

Reviewed September 3, 2016 via mobile

I will be back. This place is super clean and the food was good. I had a tuna roll and the chicken teriyaki don. Also had a bowl of miso soup. Park behind the building but better signage would be nice. The lady working the counter was extremely nice and the food came out fast and fresh.

Reviewed August 11, 2016

I eat here for lunch about twice a month. The food is freshly prepared and nicely served. Parking is a bit iffy but I'm sure you could use the motel parking lot across the street if pressed.

Reviewed August 9, 2016

I stayed across the street at the Best Western. I ate at this place at least half a dozen times in my 20 day stay. Nice price for good Sushi. Quick and friendly service.