“Nice surprise”
Review of Sushi Box - CLOSED

Sushi Box
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Just across the street from my hotel-Best Western. Very simple,no fuss but nice food! I had a very tasty and hearty bowl of soup and avocado sushi. The service was excellent. Plastic fork, no frills. I would love to go there again and experiment with what looked like an inventive menu.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

Sushi Box is located near my house, so I decided to stop and pick up sushi on the way home. It is a small place with only a handful of tables, and you order at the counter. The price of the sushi is average, as I have paid more at other places. I got a New York roll (shrimp tempura, avocado, $4.95) and a Spicy Tuna roll ($5.50). The New York roll was deeeelicious, and the spicy tuna roll had a good kick to it. Both rolls tasted fresh, and my food came out in a timely manner. I will likely return and try more of the menu.

Reviewed January 17, 2011

I love this sushi bar. The husband makes the sushi, the wife does the rest. Friendly, small, low key, with a great assortment of sushi. It's tucked away, so many don't even know it's there, but it's worth the stop if you're in the neighborhood.

Reviewed April 30, 2010

This restaurant is exceptionally clean and the proprietors are very nice. However, the prices are ridiculous! I have watched the prices increase month over month while the portion sizes decrease and now it is completely out of range. Your money is much better spent on sushi at Wasabi or Muramoto downtown.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 2, 2009

Not the greatest sushi, but friendly service and cute place.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook