“I love this place”

Eldorado Grill
Ranked #49 of 980 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted Best Brunch in Madison! With classic favorites like Chicken Fried Chicken and Baby Back Ribs, southwestern flavor is wrangled into every item on our menu. Feeling adventurous? Try one of our Platos Mexicanos such as Spinach Mushroom Enchiladas.
Chicago
“I love this place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Well, you cannot go wring with margaritas here! Just about any tequila you can think of. Atmosphere is welcoming & staff is great. You HAVE to start with thetexas torpedoes as an appetizer! jalapenos stuffed with shrimp & cheese, wrapped in bacon. They are to die for. & then you cannot go wrong with the Pan Seared Tenderloin with Chipotle Bleu Butter. After having this, I cannot even imagine ordering anything else on the menu. The Collard Greens and garlic mashed potatoes that accompany it are great too. The rest of the menu is a southwest vibe--enchiladas, burritos, quesadillas, etc, as well as a variety of fish & BBQ dishes. Prices are affordable--rage $12-$20 for entrees. Only complaint is they are not open on Mondays!! It can tend to be a bit noisy at times, as they tend to be very busy, so would definitely recommend reservations

• Visited March 2013

Rockford, Illinois
“Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stopped for bloddy marys and brunch. We ate the chicken enchilladas - they were great. We saw other food coming out and wished we had time to try it all. We will be back.

Visited February 2013
“A Nice Change of Pace”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've been here a few times in the past. It was my girlfriends first time. I wanted to take her someplace a little different for Valentines day.
First of all we were both very happy with the general vibe of the place. It's cool just to look around. Eventhing is well kept and clean. Our server was attentive and all that we wanted.
I ordered the chicken fried chicken and it was delicious. It came with mashed potatoes and black pepper gravy. My date had the brisket with the BBQ sause on the side. The server said that the sauce was not spicy, unless you are really sensitive to spice. It was a bit spicy and therefore WAY too spicy for my girlfriend. Soooo, if I had a complaint, I would say that there weren't a lot of options on the menu that were not spice free. Don't get me wrong, I like a bit of kick and I would reccomend this place, but with the one caviat that there is some spice in a lot of the options and that is a deal breaker for my lovely girlfriend. She was still happy with the experience (since we switched plates)
I will return, but not with my sweetheart.
I'd also like to add that the El Dorado is such a welcome change from some crappy chain. There really is no comparison.

• Visited February 2013
Wisconsin
“Best Margaritas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten at the Eldorado Grill several times. It's been great each time. I love the margaritas....real margaritas....fresh lime juice.....no syrupy mix....good tequila. This visit we had the fish cakes and the vegetable/goat cheese empanadas for appetizers. Then we each had fish tacos for dinner. It was all very good. Very fresh.

Madison, WI
“My favorite Madison restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Pan Seared Tenderloin with Chipotle Bleu Butter keeps me coming back. The Collard Greens are a bonus and garlic mashed potatoes are great too.

Want to try the blackened catfish but can never resist the tenderloin. My wife has had the catfish and the blackened seasoning was a little strong for her, but she's a wimp.

House margarita's straight-up complete the perfect meal.

Get a reservation unless you like hanging out at the very nice bar.

• Visited November 2012