“Good food, good service”
Review of Bluephies - CLOSED

Bluephies
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This place is on Monroe St in a little strip mall and is one of the better places in the immediate area. I went with pasta, which is hot, seasoned well, and we didn't have to wait very long. They also have a great selection of vodkas.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had another great experience at Bluphies. The location is a bit off the beaten path (not bad but you should count on driving from pretty much anywhere) but worth it. I enjoyed something called 'crab benedict'. One of tastiest breakfasts I've had. Who knew- crab cakes, poached eggs, and hollandaise sauce. We have made it a tradition to stop there each trip.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

The wonderful atmosphere and variety of gluten-free options made Bluephie's an ideal restaurant for me. I ended up ordering the Harvest burger (squash and quinoa patty topped with avocado salad) and it was amazing! They even had gluten free buns. I would strongly suggest this restaurant to everyone!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I stopped in this place because a needed a snack. Not hungry enough, I thought for a full meal. Traveling with a local, she said the place has the best Bloody Mary's on earth. Well with a recommendation like that......
We were seated almost immediately although the place was nearly full on a Saturday at noon. The menu had lots of choices and I was drawn to the little bites section. Our order was taken by a very sharp young lady who was attentive without being clingy. I hate when wait staff hovers don't you?
In any case, being a freak for olives, we decided to get two appetizers. The sausage stuffed olives, which were served in lovely crusty bread and a bed of mozzarella and tomato. Similar to capresi . The sausage was inside a large green olive then battered and fried. Just crispy outside, with savory sweetness inside. Wow. I could eat a ton of these!
We also ordered the cheese and olive plate. Had I not been driving, a martini would fit perfectly here! The variety of cheeses went great with the green and Klamath olives, warm and sprinkled with olive oil and seasonings. Also on this plat were bread points, brushed with something like a taste of heaven. The plate also included a dollop of grainy mustard, fantastic, and a fruit compote !
Needles to say there was nary a morsel remaining when we waddled out!
Great atmosphere, priced perfectly, menu has just what you need. The staff are professional and sincere.
Even the bathroom was cute.
Check it out!

Reviewed October 22, 2013

During a recent trip to Madison we had two meals here, and both were excellent. I got hooked on the blue cheese Cobb salad, which is excellent. Our grandkids were with us for one lunch, and they thrived on Mac and Cheese, well prepared. Service was very good, and it is not very noisy. Cannot speak to what it morphs into after dark, when its "Vodka Bar" alter ego comes out, but it looked as it it might be pretty lively.