“Pretty good place”

Ranked #271 of 1,014 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Description: Benvenuto's Italian Grill is a locally owned and operated company with multiple locations. We are a casual dining restaurant that is great for a business lunch or a family dinner.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I went to the one in Madison West attached to the Holiday Inn. I have eaten here several times and it is alway pretty good. The sirloin is very good and was cooked perfect. Pizzas I thought were a litte salty. The Bartender Tim is the man!

1  Thank santhony74

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Not many healthy options here for non greasy, healthy food. If you like Italian food and can eat gluten, the food is reported to be very salty run of the mill chain restaurant food.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Large menu with a great vareity. I was in town for several days and ate at the West Madison location twice. Cajun pasta was great as was the steak. The coworkers I dined with all had different dishes and were very pleased. No disappointments from a wide variety of things on the menu and not to mention the awesome bread!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

As a frequent business traveler hotel restaurants (Holiday Inn West Madison) are always a gamble. This restaurant was a nice surprise. From the moment I was greeted at the door the service, food and atmosphere were well above average. The butternut squash ravioli as recommended by the waiter was as promised---delicious. prices including a nice selection of wine--mostly from California with a few imports---were very reasonable. Portions are large. I'll return on my next visit to Madison. As a guest of the hotel I was entitled to a 10% discount on my bill. I noticed many single diners (business travelers) and some families. There seemed to be a number of tables and an alcove that would accomodate a multi-member (not giant) business group. Healthy sized serving of pasta w/ salad or soup bread and wine for < $20.00.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

We were in the mood for simple Italian last week, so picked up two orders of pasta from Benvenuto's and brought them home. The Bruschetta chicken was just awful...compared to a recent entry from another establishment, it couldn't have been much worse. Angel hair pasta could not hold up the over dousing of Balsamic and the garlic dump. The chicken breast was dry and tasted as if it had been grilled a week before. If there was any cheese anywhere in the dish, I don't know where. The Portabella Penne was equally horrific. Though generous with portabella's, it was also overly generous with Balsamic and lacking depth of flavor.

We have had a good pizza or two from this place, but this is the last time for pasta...we'd already sworn off their salads. Bummer, because its close by, but the quality over time has gone noticeably downhill.

1  Thank Fussytrvler

Been to Benvenuto's Italian Grill? Share your experiences!