“Restaurnt Week Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Delmonico's

Delmonico's
Reserve with OpenTable
Delmonico's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 980 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Johnny Delmonico's is a big-city steak house with crisp white linen on the tables, a gorgeous mahogany bar, and dark wood paneling with Art Deco inspired metallic trim. Here you will be treated with outstanding service, offered the best steaks in Madison, and given the opportunity to relax in a timeless atmosphere.
Madison, WI
“Restaurnt Week Dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This was our first time at this restaurant. The interior is beautiful and classy in an Art Deco style. Probably the nicest interior of any restaurant in Madison. The good: all the food was good/great. I had a nice salad, French Onion soup (largest bowl French Onion soup I ever had and tasty), oysters, porchetta and the sorbet. The sorbet was outstanding, fresh and not too sweet. My wife had the clam chowder, oysters, glazed salmon and brandy apple cobbler. My wife enjoyed everything she had. Blueberry Cosmo and the two red wines we had by the glass were good as well. The bad: our waitress, who was very nice, came to our table multiple times to take our order even though we asked for more time and had our menus open. Then she asked if she could take a plate with oysters on it, I said we were not finished with it, she stood at the table to wait for us to finish. I did not want to hurry, but she just stood there and waited for the plate. Once our meal was served, we could not get her back to the table. I had to go to the bar to ask for her to come back to our table.

I would go back again as the food was good, but the service was uneven/poor, even though our server was nice. Once again, it is a beautiful interior and they validate parking about 50 yards west on Doty.

• Visited January 2013

Rhinelander, Wisconsin
“Johnny Delmonico's made up for the bad dining experience the nite before.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

I went solo to this restaurant after working in Madison for the day. I enjoyed every thing about it. Cary(?), the waiter was very helpful. I asked him for advice; he gave it; I took it; and he was right! The Seafood Pasta was terrific! This is a steak joint, but I simply wasn't in the mood for a steak. He also recommended a wonderful chicken soup with among other ingredients, coconut milk. He was attentive though out the meal. I heard him with other diners, and Cary has a talent that he uses very well. Warm, soft, tasty bread; terrific soup as an appetiser and a wonderful dinner with great service. Johnny Delmonico's is only 2 blocks from the Hilton and the Lake Monona side of downtown Madison and is in easy walking distance from any ot the hotels. Having had a terrible dining experience with a competitor the nite before, I was especially pleased to have a great meal in Madison. I recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
Madison, Wisconsin
“The bar is where it's at”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

It can be a crowded space but the bar service is typically a treat. Had a big group that arrived late night and they were quite accommodating with us adding chairs outside of the booth and helping some of the less experienced cocktail goers find a satisfying beverage choice. It may have been different if the place had been hopping, but we came in after things had started winding down. The bartender stayed with us until after official close and was gracious in his manner of suggesting we might want to start thinking about where we would next take our conversations. Good selection of spirits, wine and cocktails.

• Visited November 2012
Sedona, Arizona
“Our favorite Steakhouse”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2012

Great food, service, and location.
Our favorite place for steak in Madison.
Excellent selection of food and drinks.

Visited September 2012
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
“A rare treat!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

A very friendly and accommodating restaurant with above average food and atmosphere. Highly recommend for a different more upscale experience.

Visited October 2012

Been to Delmonico's? Share your experiences!