“You will want to go back”
Review of Paisan's

Paisan's
Ranked #46 of 1,041 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2012

There is paid parking, but there is also close street parking.

There are a lot of booths, but a little cramp for parties of more than 4 people.

The menu is average for Italian, but you won't be disapointed.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were in town for an event in Madison where our hotel and the event was within walking distance of Paisan’s. We ended up eating at Paisans 3 times as well as going their for a drink one night.

I recommend the lasagna and the porta salad.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Hands down best Italian place to eat in Madison and its surrounding areas. The food is great, the service is the best, and the view of lake Monona is amazing.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I was sadly disappointed with my trip to Paisan's. For years I had been hearing what a fabulous restaurant it is.

The food was prepared well, but the menu was less than what I expected. Very classic italian dishes, but nothing that seemed fresh, new, or exciting. Settled on pizza, as there weren't any pastas that interested me and since it was evening dinner, really didn't want a sandwich.

If you are looking for something with more choices and a better atmosphere, try Portabella located off of State Street, which is owned and operated by the same Paisan folks.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

I arrived with 7 other guys...noonish on Sunday. We wanted football and the only way to see it was in the bar. Even tough the bartenderess was swamped with this sudden infusion of guys, she approached it with professionalism and a great attitude. Took our orders in sequence...asked if we wanted water, and served us our lunch when it arrived.
Food was tasty...and as expected. No complaints, only compliments. Great place.