“No upkeep, bad service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 17, 2013

After my mom kept talking about having Flan for a week, we decided to take a friend and go to Pedro's for dinner. The friend really wanted to try the Flan as well. First I noticed how the cloth bench seat back rests were torn, worn & dirty. Then I started to notice that things were not as clean as I'd seen them in the past. Dirty plates, tables left uncleared. A table of 8 came in after we were seated and our waitress had already gotten our drinks. She never asked us if we were ready to order, just went right to the table of 8 and took their food order. After going to the kitchen for a while, she then came and took our order. That table of 8 was gone long before we were. The food was ok. Just ok. It's been more fresh in the past - mom's salad was pretty wilted and my enchiladas looked like they'd been under the heat lamps for a while before being served. They were dry around the edges. Come dessert time, we placed our order - 2 Flan & 1 ice cream sundae. Then the manager came out to tell us the cook hadn't set up the Flan to be ready for supper hour. (we were there eating at 5:30pm). Mom was really bummed as was her friend. So as he's telling them and they're deciding to not get dessert, I said I'd skip mine too so we could leave, the waitress sets mine down on the table. I said I really don't want that now but she didn't blink an eye. Long story short - mom didn't get her Flan, food was mediocre at best and upkeep was poor. Nothing was offered in the way of a comp for dessert for mom and we will not be going back. A little customer service would have gone a long way, but I don't know if that would have been enough. Nobody wants to eat somewhere that's dirty.

1  Thank Ripleyroo

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We love this Mexican restaurant. Their margarita's are excellent and they have a huge assortment. Can't wait to try the raspberry next time.

Food - excellent & great value for the money. For those with a big appetite they have a 3-lb. burrito. I always get the enchilata's and never disappointed. My husband gets the Matador and loves it.

Atmosphere: Ok, could maybe use some freshening up and updating. This is the reason I gave 4 starts vs. 5.

Sat. nights they are busy. Go early to avoid having to wait. Or they do have some tables in the bar area you can eat at if you don't want to wait for a table in the main restaurant area.

Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been a customer here since the early 1980s, and have steadily seen the food, service, and atmosphere go downhill. Tonight was the last straw. I ordered steak fajitas, and in my first bite was quite a long hair. Our server had disappeared. We finally flagged down another employee, who found our server. She replaced my food and as she brought me the new plate, she said 'We found the problem. There was someone subbing in the kitchen, and she didn't have her hair in a ponytail and she wasn't wearing a net.' She didn't come back to check on us, or see if we needed or wanted anything else until she brought the bill and asked if we wanted dessert. We had expected to see some sort of discount on the bill because of the problem with the bill. None. Nor was there anything but a cursory apology. She finally sent a manager to talk to us. I told him what had happened and what she said about what happened, and he said no one told him about it. And then he said that he didn't have anyone in his kitchen with hair longer than his. I felt like he was accusing me of lying. He took $4 off our bill, and made me feel about two inches tall, as he continued to say that no one on his staff had told him, and he had no one with hair longer than his. I don't lie, I don't go to restaurants and make up problems withy food in order to get a discount and I will not be back to Pedro's. I will tell anyone about this experience.

1  Thank wmurkve
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Neat fun atmosphere, quick service for a large group. The green margaritas ( we went on st.pats day) were really good, and the adobo sauce fantastic. I've had much better Mexican cuisine, but it was a fun night.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I went to Pedros this past Friday night on our way to go skiing about 30 minutes north of the restaurante. Friends recommended the restaurant. We were suppose to be a group of 15 but at last minute, 5 could not make it. They did not get upset at the change like some restaurants have, but simply changed the seating. At this restaurant, they have this tortilla machine that makes tortillas from dough. You can watch it and it's pretty cool. The food was fabulous. They bring you as many tortillas and chips as requested which is a wonderful when many restaurants are cutting back. Thank you. BUT THE BEST thing that happened at the restaurant was the honesty that was demonstrated by staff. I left my wallet on the table. It wasn't until I arrived at the hotel 30 miles away that I realized it was missing. I called the restaurant and they had found it and had it waiting for me when I returned. I was shocked to see that over $100 in cash was still in it along with all my credit cards,etc. I asked who had turned it in and they said a bus boy had. Of course I left him some cash but I know that he probably didn't care about cash because he did what was right without the knowledge of reward. There are few people left in this world who are like that and Pedros has a gift in having at least one (and I'm sure many more) as their staff member.

1  Thank SJCamp