“Real supper club ”

Tornado Steak House
Ranked #10 of 1,065 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I love the feel. Downtown- classic service with upgraded touches (although the building hasn’t seen a touch of upgrades since the 70s!)
Great food! Steaks are always well prepared & one of my favorite desserts: pineapple upside down cake is to die for! The late night menu is fantastic, too! Not too pricey for a fantastic meal in the center of it all.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

I had been asked by a few people over the summer holidays about what the best steakhouse was in Madison and despite having been to the main ones, I wasn’t certain how to respond. Thus, I decided to give it a whirl and found great surprise in how good the food was at Tornado. I decided to order the NY Strip at all of the restaurants and found the sear to be the best at Tornado as well as the simple seasoning - not over-seasoned but delightful. The marbling was great and I was impressed by the exactness to my medium-well order that the center color brought. I found the price to be more reasonable than others in Madison as well. Would recommend Tornado highly and find it to be the best steakhouse in Madison.

N.B. I returned the following evening to try their late night menu as well as I had heard good things about their CSJ and must say I was very impressed. Their fries are also quite sizable and tasty for those that likes to dip them in their steak juice.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Great place for drinks and steak. Service attentive and with great suggestions. Daily specials were amazing.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Some friends from Wisconsin had told me of the super club in Madison, and this place was a perfect example. Drinks were excellent, and we waited just long enough for our reservation to finish them at the bar, which was very cozy. Our server was attentive, friendly, and helpful with recommendations for wine pairing and sides. With eight of us I expected the wait to be forever because they were fairly busy, but everything came out at the same time quite quickly. Steak was fabulous, and wine with beets and asparagus were perfect complements. Definitely recommend!

Reviewed July 22, 2018

Family member chose this place for birthday dinner. Good choice, pleasant helpful staff., great food, wonderful steaks, and other dishes we tried. All happy with food, service and location.