“Old feel warmth”

Tornado Steak House
Ranked #4 of 989 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
“Old feel warmth”
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

Excellent service, food, and drinks. The salad, soup, and steaks were perfect. The margaritas hit the spot too. A place I'll go back to soon.

Springboro, Ohio
“Old School in every way”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Tornado is a traditional steak house. Decor reminds me of 1950's era facilities. However, that should not be taken to mean that things are in disrepair. Its just the look that is old, from the formal dress of wait staff to wood paneled walls and dim lighting. Only thing missing is the cigar smoke.

The food was excellent. The best steak I have had in a long time. Much better than those I have had at Ruth's Chris. The carrot cake was first class. Service was a little slow,but excellent. This is truly a gem in the middle of the state. If we go back to Madison, I will go back to Tornado.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank TheOpsDoctor
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Want the real deal? Stop in here for a steak...”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

I am a "weary traveler" that has the opportunity to eat out across the midwest on a very regular basis. I have been travelling to Madison over the past 10 years and have the pleasure in discovering and frequenting this absolute gem of a steakhouse. The bar serves killer cocktails, the staff is always engaging and friendly, and the steaks are on par with the highest rated places I have visited. They also have a really diverse menu with the best venison I have ever eaten at a restaurant, deliciious scallops, and even rabbit that is a deliciious and rare find. Do yourself a favor and stop here for dinner the next time you are in Madison, WI.

• Visited July 2014
New York City, New York
“A steakhouse worth visiting”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This u
Is a very busy place on weekends and reservations are a must. The food is quire good. I had the New York strip and ir as very well prepared, juicy and tender. The meals come with a salad and one side so it is a better value than alacart steak houses. The spinach salad was great but if you like blue cheese I would get the wedge salad. There is a pretty extensive wine list and the wait staff is very helpful. The atmosphere and decor is right out of the sixties the place has a bit of a Mad Men feel to it. I expected to see Don Draper at the next table. All and all we had a very good meal and an excellent experience

• Visited July 2014
Janesville, Wisconsin
“Great steak and service !”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My wife and I made reservations for 6:15pm on a Friday. We arrived and were seated promptly.

Our waitress was very knowledgeable and helpful.

We both ordered a filet medium well and it was perfect ! The baked French onion soup was also wonderful!

Two great filets, baked potatoes, two cups of soup and 2 glasses of wine and our bill was $125.

We will return w/o hesitation.

• Visited June 2014