“Super old school steak place. I have eaten great steaks all over this country and this place is " top notch". Make a res ”

Tornado Steak House
Ranked #10 of 1,037 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

See above wrote my review in the above column. Go there !!!
You will love it if you just chill and take in the old world experience

Reviewed August 20, 2013

My husband and I decided on the spur of the moment to try the Tornado, and we did not regret it. We loved the true supper club atmosphere. The food was excellent, especially the filet au poivre, and we loved all the supper club fixings. Service was top notch. Our only regret was that we did not take advantage of the quiet and cozy outdoor seating area.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Love this place. Bar is very old school supper club. We have had dinner here several times. Food is solid. Clam chowder amazing! Friday fish fry just ok. Kind of bland. Fried shrimp was excellent. My husband did point out how dark the lighting everywhere - bar and dining areas. When you look closely at the walls in the bathroom and if you have a table that is against the wall you my be a bit grossed out. The walls in the small side room need to cleaned or painted or something. It look spattered and dirty. Kind of made me think what was in the kitchen? I still love the food!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

If you are entertaining guests or have family in for the weekend and are in need of a somewhat low-key and secretive place, head down to the basement of the Tornado Steak House to the Corral Room. The basement room is decorated with maps, a jukebox (that is still out of order), and a bar with nice velvet curtains. There is nothing more unique than sitting in a booth, drinking from an excellent selection of mixed drinks and wine, and listening to Otis Redding.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Tornado is a true and unadulterated, quality steak- and meat-house. You won't find another in Madison.

The first time I went here, it was late and I was very hungry, but I wanted everything on the menu and couldn't decide quickly. Our waitress came back to our table several times before I could finally settle down on what to order. That day, I had the venison and, boy, what a great choice! It was so juicy, so tender, so [fill in the blank with your favorite word that means the best thing ever]!

Since then, I've had the privilege of savoring Tornado's filet mignon, which just melts in your mouth, and their ribeye. I'm a tough judge on ribeye because it's my universally favorite cut of steak, but man it was good here! I wasn't big on the appetizers here, but the escargots were pretty good. If I ever get a chance to dine at this place again (I've moved now), I'd want to try the rabbit.

Final thoughts. The atmosphere is nice and the service is great as well. Tornado is pricey for sure, but it's worth the mouth orgasm that you'll pay for. Trust me, it doesn't stop until your prey safely and slowly makes its way down your esophagus and into your belly. You'll probably end up cheating on your favorite restaurant every so often.