“Excellent supper club” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tornado Steak House

Tornado Steak House
Ranked #6 of 975 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Madison, Wisconsin
“Excellent supper club”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

The atmosphere is great, this is a true Wisconsin supper club place. The food is outstanding as well. I've eaten here 20+ times over the last 8 years and they have yet to disappoint me in any regard.

They steaks are all solid (I think I've had most of them now), but my favorite is the bone in tenderloin. The lamb is also quite good; I really like the way they prepare it.

Friends say the venison is good but I have not tried it.

They also have my favorite thick cut onion rings on earth. They are amazing.

There's a late night menu in the bar and in the Corral Room that cannot be beat, it runs from 10pm - 1am.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Patrick P

Madison, Wisconsin, United States
“Steak!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

From what I remember, when they ask your soup or salad: try the French Onion Soup. I am still kicking myself for getting the salad..

Atlanta
“Good, if noisy, retro fun”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

Went to Tornado after a football game. The place has a great, retro feel. Reminded me of former greats like Jim's Steak House in Cleveland. My steak was cooked to the right temperature and had a nice tangy taste. Solid sides and a good Ceasar salad. Friendly service. The only drawback was the noise level in the small room caused by one "enthusiastic" table and the small room.

I'd go back.

Chicago, Illinois
“Yummy steak, tiny portions”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had the chance to come hang out in the Corral Room of Tornado Steakhouse late night while on a trip to Madison. The service was great, our waitress was so perky and fun. I had heard great things about their steaks, so I was happy they had some on their late night menu. It was delicious! My only qualm is that it was quite small and it didn't come with a side (unless you count the onion ring on top...which I don't). But, that doesn't stop it from being good. I'd try this place again for sure!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“If you want an EXCELLENT steak!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had the privledge of going to Madison, WI for a steak. I never would have guessed that this steak house would prove to be the best steak I ever had. The Tornado Steak House in Madison WI was outstanding. Four different choices of salad, warm fresh bread, a huge baked potato and this marvellous T-bone steak. The atmosphere of the resturant was perfect. The drive from Milwaukee was not long maybe a hour but it didn't seem like it. When your with friends the journey is never long. It was my friend's birthday and he choose this resturant. Good choice on his part. I highly recommend it, if you want an EXCELLENT steak. Enjoy!!!! :)