“Yummy steak, tiny portions”

Tornado Steak House
Ranked #5 of 980 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Soups
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Yummy steak, tiny portions”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I had the chance to come hang out in the Corral Room of Tornado Steakhouse late night while on a trip to Madison. The service was great, our waitress was so perky and fun. I had heard great things about their steaks, so I was happy they had some on their late night menu. It was delicious! My only qualm is that it was quite small and it didn't come with a side (unless you count the onion ring on top...which I don't). But, that doesn't stop it from being good. I'd try this place again for sure!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
“If you want an EXCELLENT steak!!!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I had the privledge of going to Madison, WI for a steak. I never would have guessed that this steak house would prove to be the best steak I ever had. The Tornado Steak House in Madison WI was outstanding. Four different choices of salad, warm fresh bread, a huge baked potato and this marvellous T-bone steak. The atmosphere of the resturant was perfect. The drive from Milwaukee was not long maybe a hour but it didn't seem like it. When your with friends the journey is never long. It was my friend's birthday and he choose this resturant. Good choice on his part. I highly recommend it, if you want an EXCELLENT steak. Enjoy!!!! :)

Madison, Wisconsin
“Mediocre food and terrible service”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

We will never return to this restaurant! The steak was mediocre at best and was cooked well done when ordered medium rare.....
When we asked for better service, we were told we were wrong and that our steaks were not overcooked....
We have eaten at many fine restaurants and have never felt discriminated against until our experience here....
If you are a person of color, do NOT go here- you are not welcome.
We paid for the mediocre meal to prove a point and feel we were treated as 2nd class citizens.... Everyone around us sat down AFTER us and finished their meals before we were even served. Unacceptable!

1 Thank FMoye
Downey, CA
“The Tornado Didn't Really Blow Me Away...”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

I wanted to take my college-aged nephew to a nice steak house for dinner. I am in Madison for work and he attends UW and is on the FB team. I thought a good steak would be in order for a starving college student. On a recommendation, I chose to take him to the Tornado Steak House. For the price, the food was mediocre. I ordered the Gulf Shrimp and I did not really care for the shrimp. The baked potato wasn't anything spectacular and seemed to be sitting under a heat lamp. Meanwhile, my nephew grubbed on the sirloin steak and there wasn't a scrap left on his plate. So, the steak gets at least a B but the rest of the food was a bust. One very good item, however, was the New England Clam Chowder. Great soup, lots of potatoes and lots of seafood,

• Visited January 2012
Reedsburg, Wisconsin
“May just have been the best steak I've ever had!!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

My son has wanted to try The Tornado Room for quite a while now so he envied the whle family.
Boy, am I glad he did, what a treat. Nice old school steak house. The bone in ribeye was cooked to perfection. Price is right for the quality of the steak. If you can save room for desert, you won't be disappointed.

• Visited January 2012