“The best!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2012

Our favorite restaurant in Madison.  Try the Chef's tasting.  It will not disappoint.  A little noisy, but the food is worth it.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Enjoyed a quite dinner with friends during the week.

Reviewed October 24, 2011

Well, we always go here one evening when in Madison.
And that means 1-3 times a year since the Blue Marlin opened.
It's very very good. Wine list by the bottle is ok; limited by the glass. Make a res.

Reviewed October 21, 2011

Blue Marlin only serves lunch on Friday, but we were in town to have the car services, so we decided to try it largely because they have oysters on the half shell on the menu. I really liked the space...small, nicely decorated, cozy. Our server was fabulous, and we were greeted very pleasantly by the bartender, who may also be the manager or owner. There were 3 types of oysters...one from British Columbia, and two from Nova Scotia. My wife and I each tried two of each. Excellent, fresh...in Madison! For entree my wife had the daily special....a fried rockfish sandwich. It looked great, and she said it was very good. I had the seared scallops. Two huge scallops, seared on the outside, still tender on the inside, with a wonderful wild mushroom risotto and crisp green beans....very nicely presented and extremely tasty. The french bread was great also. We both had bloody marys, and they needed some help...bland....which we augmented with pepper, tabasco and horseradish. I can't say what dinner will be like, but I really enjoyed my lunch at Blue Marlin.

Reviewed August 5, 2011

This used to be a favorite since the 90s. When "The Marlin" opened it provided great food and service, and a place that cared about pleasing its customers. Under present management and owners, no more We like to go several times in the summer (an expensive treat for us) for lunch, to eat outdoors. We received a gift certificate and checked the website to be sure they were still doing lunch. Check, Fridays only. I called on Friday, July 29th, and got a recording saying they were open for lunch on Friday, and the various nights, and you could leave a message for a reservation. So, confident we were on for lunch, we drove downtown, paid for parking, and walked to the restaurant to see a sign that said. "Closed for lunch today to prepare for Restaurant Week." Some preparation, nobody working in the restaurant, tables already made up for the night, back service door blocked with linens and uniforms, so obviously nobody working. Worse, I called and left a message expressing my disappointment and asking if I could get a refund on the gift cert, since it was the last time this summer we'd likely be able to do lunch, and have not received a call back in over a week. I have recommended this restaurant many times over the years, that's why my friend bought the certificate for me. NO MORE. They are unreliable and uncaring.

6  Thank dPenguin55