“Fine food and great service made for a wonderful evening.”

L'Etoile Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Etoile Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 990 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Washington
Humble, Texas
“Fine food and great service made for a wonderful evening.”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This restaurant was comfortable, had nice scenery (right on the Capital Square), was quiet enough to enjoy good conversation, had fabulous food, and service that was right there when you needed it, but not hovering over you to make you uncomfortable. The risotto and the squash blossom lasagna were out of this world delicious!

• Visited July 2013

“Best meal I've had in a long time”
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We were in Madison for my friends birthday and decided to splurge and go to L'Etoile. Not only is it a beautiful restaurant right by the capital , it was a delightful experience from start to finish. We had a very well trained server named Hava who provided impeccable service with out being intrusive in any way. From the craft cocktails to the amuse, dessert and handmade truffles, it was an epicureans delight!!! The duck egg appetizer was one of the best things I have ever eaten, my husband said his duck was the best he has ever had. We travel a lot and this was one of the best dining experiences we have ever had. It is expensive, but definitley worth it for a special occasion. Ask for Hava, she definitley added to the experience.

Visited July 2013
Baltimore
“Decent food, but overpriced”
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Overhyped, overrated, and overpriced.

I think these three words are pretty accurate when describing L'Etoile. Sure, the food here is great. There's no denying that. But how does it stack up to other fine dining restaurants? It's okay, not great. It doesn't pack a punch when you dine here.

I've had the four course meal option at L'Etoile. The first and second course menu items are indeed fancy and I commend the chef for that. But the main entrees are not as original and hence, significantly overpriced. In addition, the portions are smaller than expected. Anything under a four course meal would leave a normal man still hungry and unsatisfied afterwards.

I do think that L'Etoile is as good as fine dining gets in Madison, but it definitely isn't worth the $$$$ price tag you'll have to pay.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Tunaidi
Bloomington, Minnesota
“Anniversary Celebration”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We selected L'Etoile based on an article about Chef Tory Miller. It was a great decision and we plan to return. All items selected were very well prepared, and complemented with creative additional ingredients to achieve a well balanced and flavorful meal that was tastefully presented. We enjoyed the Copper River sockeye salmon and the kalamata olive crusted rack of lamb. The Smokey Martini and Kir Royale were delicious. The wine selection was impressive. The service could not have been better. All staff members were friendly, efficient, helpful and provided just the right amount attentiveness. The objective of a sustainable and local menu is to be commended.
We are recommending L'Etoile to friends and family.

• Visited June 2013
Sacramento, California
“Madison actually has "FINE" dining...”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Never in a million years would I have dreamed that Madison could support fine dining. My visit to L'Etoile with my family was an experience that I sincerely believed could not be had in Madison. Let’s face it; Madison is not exactly a bastion of fine dining nor is it the culinary capital of the state. Perhaps that’s the impetus for L'Etoile.

The chef sources most of the menu from farms in Wisconsin. We found the ingredients fresh and very flavorful. The combinations were created to please the eye and the palate. Every dish was prepared properly and each bite complimented the next.

The wine list is appropriate for the menu; its depth and breadth were enlightening. (There are wines for every budget)

I was especially impressed with the cheese selection offered for the last course. For that moment, I felt as if I were in a fine European restaurant.

My sincere gratitude to Chef Tory Miller and his staff; for they really exemplify what a total restaurant experience is all about.

• Visited July 2013