“Food Perfection”

L'Etoile Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Etoile Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 981 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: East Washington
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Food Perfection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

A random trip to Madison, WI was topped off with dinner at L'Etoile. Make reservations ahead of time. They had personalized menus we got to keep and the view of the Madison Capitol at night was amazing. I recommend the wine paring with your meal. Everything was fresh and the perfect portions, and out-of-this-world flavors. I shared this dinner with someone very close to my heart which made it ever more special. I will have to return again.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank BlondeItalian

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Absolute Perfection!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Of all the places I could have gone, I chose to have dinner at L'Etoile to celebrate my 65th birthday. I had my pick of any restaurant in Milwaukee, Chicago, or Madison, but I knew where I wanted to spend my special evening! This restaurant meets the Gold Standard in every category. When my husband made the reservation, he mentioned that we were coming to celebrate my birthday, so when we arrived, the menu had our name at the top welcoming us and saying Happy Birthday in bold print. The setting is beautiful as the entire front is made of glass and faces the lit Madison Capital Building as backdrop-gorgeous!. Next came the menu---I cannot say enough about how unique and special menu the chef creates. Combinations were creative,healthy and delicious. The wines were superb as well, as was the service from everyone we encountered. I could not have had a more wonderful time. The prices may be a bit high, but not out of the market for the kind of quality dining experience you will have. If you are looking for that one terrific place to take your best sweetheart or that most important client, this is the spot. You will be raving about it as I am today!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Mermac
Madison, Wisconsin
“Artisan style food, expensive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

It's expensive, but well worth it. Fresh local foods combined with a world class chef and interesting and lovely dishes prepared for a discerning audience in downtown Madison.

Madison
“Long Love Affair”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013

We began dining here twenty eight years ago and have eperienced all of its growth. At times
like any child it can go astray but not far because this is a high quality place. Of course it is our
home base but we dine all over the world and the quality and service are equal or better than
many better known establishments. We are here almost every month. It is expensive but you
don't have to be in NY or Paris or SF to have the best.

• Visited December 2012
Chicago
“Top-notch in all respects”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2013

This is one of the best restaurants in the midwest. We come here for birthdays and anniversaries, and are never disappointed: creative food from local sources, and (a rarity in Madison) excellent service. Yes, you pay for it, but it's worth every penny.

Visited October 2012