“The beer tastes like every other brew pub.”

The Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co.
Ranked #24 of 1,060 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed December 21, 2013

I enjoyed my time at the bar talking with the bartender and this place is certainly friendly. The trouble is that the beer simply not at par with the rest of Milwaukee's beer seen. The beer tastes like it should (IPA is and IPA, Lager is a Lager) but there are no distinctive notes that a serious beer drinker looks for to make a beer special. The food was fine and I was not disappointed but I would have waited longer to get a table (or spot at the bar) and the Old Fashioned had I known this place would be a typical brew pub.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,049)

Reviewed December 12, 2013

I love this place for the food, drinks selection, TV screens, game selection, etc. They also offer shutter to the games.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I chose the eastside location to gather with family and friends for my 60th BD. I enjoyed a choice seat with a great view of Madison unlike other places in town. The menu is huge and it's all delicious. We've been going to our local Hilldale location for years, and have never been disappointed. The staff are always cheerful and helpful. I love this place! Plus they are excellent employers and give back to the community.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

The cheese curds were really good. It was my first time eating them. Also, I got the chicken salad which was very tasty. The apple cider beer was good as well. Our waiter was attentive.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

As my family sat down for our Thanksgiving day meal - we ate, talked,etc... then a member of the staff notified us that we had to leave and that our 1.5 hour time slot was up. Noone had ever told us that we had a time limit. So we HAD to leave without even having a dessert. It's too bad... I will never go back.

2  Thank nycsopranosings