“Good food, good beer and great atmosphere”

The Great Dane Pub & Brewing Co.
Ranked #6 of 1,023 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We wanted to try a local micro brew so we headed here. The beer was good, the food was very tasty but the atmosphere of the beer garden was terrific. The beer garden and wait staff made the night. Recommend going if you get the chance.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

The food is fine here. But that is it - the atmosphere is great, the beer is good - but the food is just average. There is so much better food in Madison. Come here, grab a beer in the beer garden and then go eat somewhere that is really good.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Went here at the suggestion of the Hilton front desk girl. I wasn't sold on it because I was afraid it was going to be bar food. So I first took a walk around the Capital and State Street to see if anything caught my eye. However, I didn't see anything that looked amazing. So, being that it was such a nice evening I decided to keep walking and headed back in the direction of the Hilton (and Great Dane). It was a lively atmosphere and I thoroughly enjoyed my mahi mahi with mango salsa, couscous and veggies (not typical brew pub) priced at $15. I'm not a big beer drinker so I added a glass of wine at $7. I was there on a week night, but there was a nice mix of families, couples, college kids, etc... I would recommend it - and I'll bet beer drinkers would love it based on the sampler the table next to me had.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were taken out to eat here recently. It is a lively place with a fun atmosphere. Lots of college kids (having just played ultimate frisbee). Fun food, enjoyed the cheese curds in beer batter and my burger. Good selection of local beer and a good proportion of the menu ingredients are sourced local. Would come again.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

My husband and I ate at the pub and it was great! I am not much of a beer drinker and I loved the two microbrews I had. Make sure to try the pulled pork and the macaroni and cheese. Their chili is out of this world. The bar and restaurant had a fun atmosphere and the service was top notch. I can't wait to go back.